Lysfanga - Time Loop-ish ARPG-ish fun

I picked this up because it’s on Polygon’s best of 2024 list. It’s pretty good. You try to defeat a stack of enemies and if you die, you get reincarnated and get to cooperate with your previous incarnation. Prince of Persia aesthetic. Satisfying ARPG combat and isometric visuals. A pretty slick under-the-radar game.

Well, after the excellent Timemelters, I’ve added this to my wishlist. Thinking in 4D can be really satisfying!

That’s an interesting idea, the fight with reincarnations of yourself. One of our senior teams some years ago built a game very much like that, at least in concept. In that one, the game remembered all the moves you made, attacks and all, and when you died, you reincarnated and played alongside a “ghost” of you that replayed all the things you did in the last run, exactly. You could stack several of these ghosts, all mimicking their final runs. It didn’t quite work 100% (I mean, we give our teams one semester of concepting and pre-production, and one semester of full-on development, so the timeframe is very compressed), but it was pretty neat.

That game is Timemelters man :)