Madden 11 -- QT3 league

We still need someone for the Bucs! Calling all masochists!

If no one has claimed the Ravens, I’d love to play. Is this on Xbox? I’ll have to check my gamertag when I get home, I use it so rarely. I think its Angsterk, but I’ll have to double check.

Erik J.

The Ravens are taken. Fuzzyslug, the defending Super Bowl Champion, has them.

I had already claimed the Bengals. But if you wish to purchase Madden 12 for me, I might relinquish them. :)

By the way Matt, you do not need to buy 11 for me, I didn’t mind giving up the Panthers.

GET OUT OF MY DIVISION YOU MOON-FACED ASSASSIN OF JOY.

(but seriously, take the 49ers! They’re much more of a challenge!)

Aww, that’s all right. I thought someone had, but it’s not on that front page yet…

I guess I’ll continue my swath of destruction over the Sunshine State after all. Starting with the Dolphins.

It’ll be fun playing in the same division as the (I presume) AI Patriots, right?

Damn. Ok. I’ll take a horrible team, then. I’ll finish out the NFC South and take the Bucs. This should be brutal.

Erik J.

Calling an audible here - we’ll abandon the Pittsburgh Steelers and jump over to the currently-unclaimed San Diego Chargers.

Given last year’s abysmal record, it’s probably time for a change.

Wooo! Someone will know my pain. Or take them all the way to the playoffs and reveal me as the true n00b that I am.

Draft some good wide receivers. Now that they’ve lost Antonio Bryant, I’m not sure they have any left. Michael Clayton was a good slot receiver for us, as was Kellen Winslow, but Clayton appears to be the lowest-rated receiver on the team this year.

Draft? I thought we were just using real rosters? EDIT: On that note, can we pick up FAs, etc?

Erik J.

Well, yeah, but won’t there be a rookie draft?

Man, I am now feeling a lot more apprehensive than eager when it comes to the rest of the AFC North. Loath as I would be to abandon my Steelers, perhaps after last season’s abysmal record, it may be time for a change.

Yeah, there is a draft between seasons in online franchise. As far as free agents go, last year Talisker scheduled it so that a team could pick one free agent every few days. That way, one team wouldn’t take all the good players.

Yep, we’ll be using real rosters.

As for free agents, while we used a fairly complicated system for the first week or two last year, we’ll probably just do something simpler like “one free agent pickup per week” or something for the first few weeks to keep the first person in the league from grabbing up all the decent FAs straight off the bat.

Oh oh. Ok. I didn’t realize we were doing a franchise. I figured we were just doing the season. Sounds good! I like to take crappy teams and try to improve them, anyway.

Erik J.

I already called dibs on the Bolts, but feel free to take the Raiders…or the Chiefs… Please?

Take the Bills! Join Cory and I in the AFC East!

So, I’m assuming we start with current rosters. How many seasons do you aim to play? It’s like the real season I guess where we’ll be playing this year with current rosters then a draft after the SB? Apologies, I’ve been playing Madden forever, but I’ve never done an on-line league like this.

Erik J.

Wow, actively being wooed. Everyone wants Mister Five-And-Eleven in their division, I see!

AFC East, AFC West - make some offers!

strummer has 'em; you’re down for the Fins at the moment.

Edit: n/m, that’s already been sorted out.

Anyway, main list in post #2 updated, let me know if I missed anything.