Mafia 3 - More RICO antics

I see - if you try and progress the main plot, can you dial any filler down a bit? Or if you buy the DLC upfront would that slot in somewhere perhaps? I like it, but I don’t want a high ratio of filler to plot.

Digital Deluxe is $23.75 at the Humble Store for monthly subscribers.

I am still holding off for $10. :p

Stats show its nearing 500k pc copies on Steam.

Digital Deluxe is $20 over on wingamestore.

That feeling when you realize that Mafia III wants you to collect record albums, and you realize that everything else in the game will be “other stuff” to do in between grabbing those.

How is the soundtrack, I hope to set aside time for this game over the summer.

Fantastic. Nice mix of hits, but also some cool stuff that fits the period and place. Like–you probably wouldn’t hear “Tramp” by Carla Thomas and Otis Redding anywhere on the radio in the country in1968 except for south of St. Louis, in places like Memphis (natch), New Orleans, and throughout the south and east. So hearing that, was like “Yeah, someone did some research here…”

And then there’s that song that plays as the dude leaves the church. That set shivers down my spine. Such a strong moment!

Latest Mafia 3 patch lets you remove the rear-view mirror and speedometer. New DLC comes out in less than a week.

Why? Why did it take so darned long to remove the rearview mirror? The negative reaction to that was vocal and immediate.

What was the issue? Sounds like a cool thing to have.

I have no idea. Maybe it was tied to their in-house engine or something? The rear-view mirror felt like a design holdover that didn’t really contribute anything to the game. I believe it was initially supposed to highlight cool things happening while driving, like an in-game highlight reel, but all I ever saw was a washed out, low-poly street views.

It could’ve been cool if it was well done. It wasn’t. Beyond that, some people are just not going to want a rearview mirror for a 3rd person car view no matter how good it is.

Yeah, that was my gripe. The engine did not seem to support it well at all.

Yeah that one blows my mind. People complained on day one and they take almost a year to address it.

Still, I plan to play the DLCs so at least it will be nice to remove it for them.

Oh and now I am reading that you can only disable speedometer and mirror at the same time, not independently. They cannot even get this god damn feature right. Sad!

The new DLC’s out.

I was never able to finish the last DLC. After the main story, there’s like three side missions you can do. One for each witness you helped rescued, but one of them is glitched out. I’m supposed to go to a junkyard and save someone’s wife, but the game just hard locks and crashes every time I enter the area.

Apparently, I’m not alone.

Edit: Hawaiian shirt Marcus may be the best Marcus.

I wonder if they fixed your issue @Telefrog? The steam forums suggest it has not.

Also it seems the final DLC is out this month.

And I found this a good watch, to cover most of what was fixed since launch.

Not that I know of, but to be fair, I haven’t fired it up since that last post.

I’ll check it out after the final DLC drops.

Hangar 13 have released a dev diary for their last piece of Mafia 3 DLC, Sign of the Time, which is dropping July 25. Lincoln has to take down a Manson-esque cult in New Bordeaux.

Final bit of the announced DLC is out today.

• “Black Sacrament” rifle and throwing knives
  • Three new outfits
  • Two new cars
  • New enemies, the Ensanglante cult

One of the new mechanics is that you can rebuild Sammy’s Bar, which is nice because it was always weird that it was tagged as your “home” in the game even though it was a rickety pile of burnt timber and scorched brick.