Marvel's Avengers - Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal

Weird. Still on sale on steam

Not that weird, Xbox weekly sales start (and end) on Tuesday.

They also have some month-long sales and some fortnight sales, so I was hoping that this was a longer one, not a weekly one. But eh, I think I played the best part of the game already when it was on Game Pass (the opening section before the time jump). It really made me look at Black Widow in a different way, really respecting her. After playing this game’s intro I had to watch the Black Widow movie and wasn’t disappointed. She’s got guts for someone with no superpowers.

I eventually found it. Its like the game designers intentionally made the UI hard to navigate.

DO NOT pay $40 for this. $4 or 5 bucks is the correct price

Black widow is also fun to play in the game. I didn’t like the demo play for her character, but it really blossomed as the game went in.

Played the first couple of hours of the campaign tonight and this is a lot of fun! Yes, it’s on rails, and it is overly fond of QTEs, but at least so far, I like the characterizations and the combat is fun with enough moves to vary things without being overly complicated.

It’s a great campaign. The depiction of Ms Marvel is just a delight.

Agreed -its a wonderful campaign.

The superpowers themselves are fun enough that the missions afterwards that have little story attached to them, still is fun, although each mission takes slightly too long for my comfort.

I really enjoyed the game, actually, and am sad it didn’t do better.

My only gripe about the campaign is that there wasn’t a way to choose a hero and play through as who you wanted to. I understand why, but it was kind of a bummer to get REALLY used to Ms. Marvel’s moveset only to then get thrown into playing as Black Widow (for example) and have to struggle with a less familiar character.

And yes, Kamala Khan is really awesome in this. I saw her MCU depiction in a recent trailer and did not like what I saw.

The disney show with her is spot on, just like her character from the game.