Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Behold, your gardeners of the galaxy!

I think the game looks promising. And coming soon, right before my birthday this October!

Way too over the top, loud and chaotic for me. But my daughters, who have just finished watching all the Marvel movies, will probably like it a lot!

Looks like a reskin of their godawful Marvel Avengers action RPG. Only this time it’s even more conspicuous that they didn’t license the actors’ likenesses because they can’t put Ms. Marvel at the forefront.

-Tom

Well, it appears that they are hopefully pushing this game as a more single player story experience, and less of a games as service thing that the Avengers game was.

Either way, excited for big publishers doing single player games.

Wait, why is “we promise there will be no DLC” a selling point?

Still, a single player adventure with no microtransactions or season passes or cosmetics or anything. I like it! It’s the sort of thing I want to support. So I’ll be keeping an eye on reviews. If it reviews well, I might get it Day One just to support it on principle.

I was thinking more of Generic_Male_06, but yes: spot on. I wonder if you get to choose what generic face you want!

I might be turning a corner on this game. Despite how completely done with superheroes I am at this point, I do love a good spacefaring adventure and I still like the Guardians team, and the game looks like it might capture the tone of the movies pretty well.

Bunch of articles about the game popping up today. I assume some embargo must have lifted.

I was just watching this Cosmo trailer a few minutes ago. I like that they feel like they’ve hit on the tone and kind of ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ feel that the movies had. I’m seriously tempted to pre-order this thing.

Space puppies! Wearing little space suits! I mean come on!

Tempted to get it for Cosmo, but I suspect he’s only a rather small part of the game.

An Agatha show now? Feels like they are really starting to reach now.

Wait what? Who’s Agatha?

I think Cormac’s Marvel fuse blew and he’s reacting to Wandavision news in a Guardians of the Galaxy game thread. Or perhaps one of the puppies is named Agatha and she’s getting her own show!

-Tom

Pretty much on point… My brain shortcircuited for a few minutes!

Yeah, after the really positive preview coverage I’m really looking forward to this.

Man, a ton of Guardians of the Galaxy stuff is showing up lately -

edit: ah ok, they’ve released the track list for the game’s soundtrack, which includes the above song.

I never play a game like this. But i am in first day. It looks fun! (can i say that?)

Another new trailer -