Mass Effect 3, the 'Endless' spoiler thread

That’s also tied into ME3 multiplayer, assuming ME3 multiplayer still exists.

I left mine at 50% and I didn’t miss anything, but I was playing from a save that went back to ME1 and I had completed the vast majority of all three games. As far as I know, it only affects which incredibly stupid choices you’re offered in the ending.

Going to try the mod that removes the child, the options and ends the game off on Citadel DLC.

there’s also a robust mod that adds in xbox 360 controller support.

50% is the default level if you don’t play any multiplayer. As long as you do all the side quests in the main game, the 50% penalty won’t matter because you will still get enough fleet strength for the “best” ending (i.e. no random squad death during the final assault). Play some multiplayer, and you can skip some sidequests.

And then all the DLCs give you extra fleet strength so you don’t need to worry about that number at all.

ah, gotcha. since i’m a completionist, i do all the side quests anyway. thanks.

I’m dusting this thread off thanks to @Rock8man .

So I’m kind of halfway-ish through ME3 and I’m just constantly sad all the time while playing it. Except for when I laugh out loud. Favourite ever: My femShep checking out Kaidan’ ass after letting him back on the Normandy again. That was just… I love Bioware.
(tried to find a gif of this but strangely enough, there’s only one with a maleShep and that wasn’t as fun).

But seriously, real tears at points like: Grunt taking a final stand with the rachni-thingies in the cave. Yeah yeah I know it’s cheezy but it hit me hard (thank GOD he came out of that cave in the end).
And Mordin humming for himself in the Shroud tower while being blasted to death.
And that lonely teenage kid standing in the refugee dock talking with a turian soldier, hoping that her parents will get here. He’s just so kind and sweet to her, it breaks my heart every time.

Weeellll. I’m a sentimental shit.

That really stood out for me. So much good stuff in ME 3 despite some pretty big flaws.

Yeah, the way ME 3 resolved the Genophage storyline from ME1->ME2->ME3 was really so good. And Mordin singing at the end as he goes down is such a memorable conclusion to that story.

The other story that was really, really satisfying for me was how the Turians vs the Geth was resolved, after also being a story through ME1->ME2->ME3. Both of those long term stories were just so well done in ME3. And they were the most important things in the game for me, since those were the two stories in which I was most heavily invested besides the main story.

Sounds like sexual harassment!

Naaah, she’s only checking him out! :)

Stupid sexy Flanders.

I’m going to go ahead and assume you meant the Quarians and the Geth, not Turians.

No way did you just make me think of Kaidan as Flanders. Damn.

Having finally finished this after being on my backlog for cough years, peacefully resolving the Geth/Quarian war left Synthesis the only choice for me - it’s the most thematically coherent of the endings given how much you learn through the game about how many cycles of genocide the galaxy has gone through.

Agreed. Makes a sequel pretty damn hard to navigate, though. Everything green-tinged and circuit-boardy.

I don’t know, there’s something very “Gaia” about that solution (from Asimov’s Foundation series) and maybe a little bit of the Borg as well. I just feel uncomfortable with that as a solution, living as a sort of collective. I suppose I’m bringing my own personal bias for individual liberty and freedom into it.

My own personal takeaway about fixing the Geth/Quarian war is that a person like my Shepard is able to be unflappable and fix problems that no one has ever fixed before. And therefore, he is also the only kind of person who you could trust to be a benevolent overlord who could fix problems when they come up, without infringing on people’s freedoms.

EDIT: Apologies for talking about the ending in a thread that’s supposed to not talk about the ending.

Apologies - hadn’t realised this was the no ending talk spoiler thread.

That said, I see what you mean, but EDI and Legion both having a very clear sense of self regardless made have a bit less qualm about it being the right choice.

I feel like at this point what, five years on? We should probably be good to consolidate down to one ME3 thread. Which one, who cares, let’s a coin. That’s right, a three-sided coin.

Oh wow. I just peacefully United Geth and Quarians. That was… beautiful. I didn’t think I’d be able to be this sad about a robot dying.
But he plan is still to go for “Destroy”ending though. Sorry peaceful Geths and EDI :(