Mass Effect 3, the 'Endless' spoiler thread

I’d be the first to agree with you since I feel like I’m responsible for bringing this game up now, and It’s also a bit confusing jumping between three (or four) different threads. What’s the time limit for spoilers in games? Maybe we could stick to this one and let people discuss the ending here again :)

I’m on to the last mission now, Priority: Earth. Everyone are saying their goodbyes to me at the Normandy. I’m not sure I can take this. If I just… son’t, can I pretend everything turned out great and the Reapers are all dead and everyone else are alive and happy?

I loved the penultimate mission through London. So many feels. And there were some nice combat scenarios, too.

Yeaaahhh… London is killing me. I mean… so many feels, my heart is in a million pieces. Damn Bioware!
Need to get to bed now but tomorrow, the Reapers are going DOWN.

4563A26A-BED1-41D3-AC4A-18EC54E18024

… or are they?

Yeah, the Reapers are probably not in to that… they’re so vanilla…

Reapers destroyed. I need to… go calibrate something.

Wait, you went with ‘destroy’? What are you, some kind of monster?

Me too.

I thought a long time about that. There are various reasons why I chose destroy, but a short summary:

1. That was my mission from the beginning. Destroy the Reapers, no matter the cost.
  2. I’m selfish and that was the only ending with a possibility to survive
  3. There’s a chance that kid/mastermind AI is lying, since they also want to survive. They had to present a choice that might have seemed better, but really wasn’t, just to preserve itself
  4. I’m human and organic and can’t really grasp being part synthetic or what the fuck all that meant
  5. I really didn’t want any more giant flying cockroaches in the universe
  6. Shepard showed we could unite all races in the universe and bring peace, so it doesn’t HAVE to be chaos. Everything’s fixable.

I also need therapy. Or a pick me up-game. Tips? :)

Did you play the Citadel DLC? Pretty fanservicey, but exactly what the end of the series calls for IMO.

Yeah, I played it, right before going off to Cerberus. It was fun, especially the main mission of it :)

My take on the ending started with this post, and then went from there.

And then I talk about why I enjoyed most of the game here:

And then, here’s where I talked more about why I went with my blue choice, and why I hated the ending. Note that what you experienced was different, since the plot holes were fixed a few months after release in a patch, and I assume you played with the ending patch, right @kristina?

Interesting points! Absolutely agree with you on the first post, this is what made Mass Effect so amazing for me, in the top 3 of best games ever played (for the moment be, nr 1, because of feels). I absolutely love games where you get to shape how it turns out, but ME took that to a whole new level for me.

As for the ending, I don’t know much about how it was before the patch except I read about a lot of people dying, and I honestly can’t bare to watch that right now. Really thankful they changed it.

If I had played as maleShep and maybe a bit more douchy one, instead of my all-paragon, war hero, nice femShep, I could have gone with the Control ending (cause I wouldn’t have cared much for him so… bye) But I couldn’t do that after lecturing everyone about how the Reapers HAD to be destroyed for the entire series, to just go ahead and do what the Illusive Man wanted the whole time. Nope. :)

Another thing: I find it odd that getting help from Leviathan wasn’t a larger game changer in the end. That should have been a MASSIVE win, them just being able to send the Reapers a thought and they would start killing each other instead.

That one’s easy. Leviathan is DLC, you’d effectively be penalizing people who didn’t buy it if you give an advantage to those who did. I realize you’re late to the party, but did you see the massive freakout from people when extra advantages were conferred to those who played the multiplayer game?

Welcome to the club! Don’t try too hard to fit all of the science-fictiony things together, it’s not like Bioware did.

I kid because if I don’t I seethe with rage about stuff they made me care about dammit!

I just wish they replaced stupid space ninja with evil Shep clone instead.

Aw crap man, I was going along la-di-da thinking I ain’t even mad about any of that Mass Effect 3 stuff, let’s have a good chat. And then you reminded me about space ninja. Son of a bitch.

Exactly what happened during the last cycle.

Except next time, you’ll remember. Just like me.

Dammit! I keep trying to forget and you won’t let me!