Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Remember when you are on your first mission to go down to a planet after not checking in with any of the other ships or the space station that was built for your arrival and you are meeting a member of your team for apparently the first time for some reason on the trip down and you hit turbulence and nobody takes a seat and puts on a seatbelt and you get sucked out of the shuttle?

Good times, good times…

lolcatsdotcomkj9qqzegnrahk8de

But he does love arguments, and being contrarian!

I imagine he’ll definitely disagree with that.

Well yeah, but I mean come on - we all love that.

And you know what, just because I’m still arse-sore about him:

Fuck Tim Schafer, that too-cool-for-school, indy-auteur-wannabe piece of shit.

Well it was definitely not my fault that this thread turned into a hate show! =)

And to bring back topic: am I the only one still scouring the web for some kind of hint to that they maybe, MAYBE, will still release the intended DLC?

They’ve explicitly said they won’t, but that the loose ends from the story will be resolved in tie-in media. because you know, that’s a great substitute. Really. :P

Yes, because they have publicly said it ain’t happening. Not happy about it either. Sad to see such a great franchise trashed.

People have publicly said things won’t happen and HEY suddenly they change their mind :)
Here’s hoping…

I’m all for looking on the bright side, but I think Bioware’s bottom line on this is that Andromeda didn’t sell well enough to justify any DLC. The general and critical consensus seems to be that Andromeda is a shitshow that’s better off brushed under the carpet, and Bioware seems to be completely willing to oblige. Hey, there’s always Anthem, right? Yes, @scharmers, that one was for you.

I’m not sure the reason for Scharmers, but I somewhat agree with this sentiment.

No, EA is pretty heartless about such things. but I’ll throw out here that XBL has ME 2 and 3 DLC on sale this week. Ranges from pretty good to essential.

Uh, I don’t think that’s the “consensus” at all. The Metacritic score is between 71% and 76%.

I think the really damning thing about this is, that the game was sold without the option of any kind of season pass. Those are ALWAYS sold alongside games, but not this, so… I liked the game myself, but I think the writing is on the wall, regarding this particular part of the franchise and any DLC.

EA stopped doing Season Passes.

Most reviewers on the internet don’t grade on the Chick scale. They seem to think we’re all still in high school.

Never mind.

in 2017? Because Battlefield 1 certainly has it?

And I won’t, because it would be a waste of time. I’m assuming you’ve read the reviews and seen youtube videos, all anyone was interested in was tired faces and crab walks, before eventually moving on to pointless open worlds and repetitive quests. Every article I’ve read that puts up any kind of defense of Andromeda starts out acknowledging that it’s seriously flawed. If you’re aware of any full-hearted support of the game out there, I’d love to see it.