Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

A discount, duh! Heck, Bethesda gave me the Skyrim Remaster for free, you’d think EA could at least give me a discount of some sorts. I bought every game in the series, plus every DLC with the exception of some of the outfit/weapon packs (and I even bought some of those). I’d think that kind of loyalty should be rewarded.

That isn’t a remake, is it? That’s the “GOTY edition”. It’s unconscionable when those don’t offer a serious discount.

Mass Effect, they’re making substantial changes to ME1 and smaller ones to ME2/3. So it’s fine to charge, but $60 is kinda silly.

Well yeah

They added online play to Overcooked 1 which didn’t have it. They added cross-platform by creating a Team17 account so that’s the first time anyone has been able to play with everyone else. All the DLC is there. 4k was added, there is some new content added to this version too AND there are new game modes in addition to accessibility improvements. It’s actually quite a lot.

They’re getting heavy pushback, had it discounted for the first few weeks and still haven’t seen much improvement from the discontent.

I mean back when we had physical discs, I recall repurchasing gold editions of games off and on for years. Heck sometimes it was cheaper to buy the Gold edition than actually get the expansion solo.

I am jut trying to understand what the previous game purchasers are expecting here because a 10/15% discount did not silence anything.

I have repurchased games multiple times, despite having the earlier versions as well. Overcooked is one of those.

EA has offered no discount for ME, there isn’t new content or additional game modes (and they are taking away MP) so I’m not sure why you are talking about OC because that’s not relevant here. The two situations are totally different in terms of what is being offered both in features and pricing.

If it’s just a remaster, I’m looking for somewhere between free and 85% off. I don’t expect free, but I do like it when I get it. If there are significant revisions, new content, DLC bundled that I didn’t already have, etc, somewhere between 75-50% off. And that should be a permanent discount, not active for the first couple weeks or whatever.

I think it’s fair to expect payment for the work involved, but it’s also way less work than a new game, and it’s something I already own. And they will get full price from plenty of people buying in on new platforms or that never played before. And sure, back in the bad old days, gold editions and whatever were entirely separate purchases. But you know, it’s not then anymore, and they have a trivial way to tell if I already own stuff, which nobody had in the days of physical discs.

Agree, 75% off would be $15 and I would buy that day 1. They should be happy to get it as again, I already bought all these games full-price.

3 games that I love, with all DLC, for 60 bucks, playing on a current generation console? I’ll do it. Sure, I could wait for a sale or the inevitable $9.99 digital price in a year or two, but I want this shit now.

Why is $60 for THREE games too much? I mean, sure, they’re old games but they’re being remastered and will available on the latest consoles and have all the DLC.

Are you guys complaining the ones playing on PC? Where games are constantly on sale way below original pricing and this is sure to come down some shortly after release?

Would this go down easier if the games were released individually at $20 a pop?

It groups of individuals who have purchased games previously asking for discounts for a different version of the game either recently or soon to be released. They’re related. There is nothing wrong with the previous version of the game. You don’t have to by the new one, especially if there is no… reason for you to.

I am focusing on why someone who purchased a game previously believe it should be at an significant discount for them to buy it agian.

Yes on PC, and no that would suck too.

It’s the part where we already own these games, just without the fresh coat of paint, that you seem to be missing. And we’re not complaining about the price, or at least I’m not. Just saying I’m not going to pay $60 (or even $30) for games I already own, and a discount for owning it would have been classy on EA’s part. They chose not to, so I’m gonna wait. -shrug-

Is that what the kids call it these days

Yeah, those of you saying 75% off equals $15? You’re doing math wrong.

Each of those games were full price at release - so let’s go with $60. So all three together - probably without DLC - would be $180, so 75% would be $45. Still less than $60, granted, but at least closer to what you should actually apply the discount to.

As it is, $60 is 2/3rds off, and that’s before factoring in any price for the DLC.

If that’s too much for anyone, that’s fine - I’m not trying to suggest that this is a fair price. Just that you can’t apply the discount you want on the price for one game, because three full games are included.

That’s quite a reach, you should play pro basketball.

And you have my reason, which you are free to disagree with. I’ll note that the Skyrim Remaster was free to current owners, State of Decay Year One Survival Edition (Remaster) was free to current owners, and Steam owners of the Rome Total War are receiving a 50% discount on the Remaster. Therefore what I am asking for is nothing unusual.

Three full games that have been out for many years and collectively retail now for $70. What they retailed for at the time is irrelevant. It’s not a bundle of those three games for $60 back when they were all brand new and whatever the going price was at the time ($50/ea for the first two, I’d guess, but whatever). And that I already own. So what I would be paying for is a fresh coat of paint, and maybe some DLC. And that’s worth maybe 15% of what they’re asking. They could charge a good price for people who are getting three fresh games -and- a good price for people who are getting a fresh coat of paint and maybe some DLC. And they’ve chosen to just charge all of us the same. Which is their prerogative.

I’m not sure I actually disagree. I’ve been rebuying games since I was a kid and almost always comparing some gold, HD or complete version to the prices of the original vanilla game plus it’s expansions also at their release price. I don’t really do that anymore though. I look at my 60 dollars or 40, and I say why this one over these other ones, and their is plentyto choose from… and I really don’t care if it used to be 60 each or not. That was then; this is now.

Alright time to mod the games again.

40 USD would have been smart, but EA is dumb.

Meh, I have no intention of spending another 100+ hours replaying this, no matter the price. Gimme new stuff not reheated leftovers. This is from someone who replayed ME1-3 a lot back in the days, and played the crap out of ME3 MP (very good fun).

I guess this is good for people who have never played the original, but for me, meh.