Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

I think I’ll give it a go and just be mostly asshole. I’m interested to see how the interactions with the crew and the Council change.

I would recommend going FemShep. She is great on the renegade path. And I always played the renegade path as I have a mission to save the galaxy, so the ends do justify the means. But as others have said, don’t just blindly always pick renegade, there are a few choices that should be skipped.

Finished my re-playthrough of ME1:LE this weekend. It was glorious! Every bit as fun and interesting as I remember (and I’d forgotten a lot of it over the years which made it almost like a new game). I fell one Salarian ID Tag and two Protean Discs short of 100% completion of all side quests. I just didn’t have the patience to revisit dozens of systems and planets trying to find where I missed a scan or a planetary crash site or ruin.

The final sequence was laughably easy given that Shep and crew were kitted out with the finest gear and mods in the game. I suppose I could have increased the difficulty to the hardest setting for that series of events to create more of a challenge, but I was more interested in finishing the story than prolonging the fights at that point. I took Wrex and Garrus with me, and together they are a damage dealing machine (in addition to my own death dealing). I wanted Garrus to be there when we took down Saren, and I hadn’t used Wrex in awhile so I figured he needed the exercise. It was pretty comical during the post-battle cinematic seeing the Admiral dig Wrex out from under the rubble and lifting him out with a concerned look on his face.

In the end I saved the universe, maxed out Paragon, completed every side quest (except the two noted above) and felt pretty damn good about myself. Now it’s on to ME2:LE after I check that excellent modding guide again for what I should be running with it.

The Mass Effect games really are some of the best written, produced and polished games of the past 20+ years. Everyone should own Legendary Edition.

I feel like this is on purpose and just good design. As you’re going down that final path, flinging fools into the sky (or in my case, Liara is the one doing the flinging), it makes the final sequence feel even more badass.

Slowly (very slowly due to limited free time) working my way through Mass Effect 2 LE now.

“I’m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.”
Makes me laugh every single time, even the second time around.
The fact that somehow you get Paragon points for essentially conning all of the store owners is icing on the cake.

Soooooooooo I picked this up on a Steam sale and only recently installed it.

One interesting thing: It’s over 100GB, more than my wee laptop SSD can handle, so I put it on an external USB HDD, gambling that – since it was designed to be playable off of a slow-ass Xbox 360 Optical drive originally – it’d remain playable. I was right.

That said, all the obvious (to me) ways they hide the loading screens do keep the pace of the game slow. Which is… kinda nice, sometimes.

Playing with the mouse and keyboard is a huge upgrade. Fights are much more fun, and the Mako is actually tolerable. And I’m so fuckin’ glad they got rid of the stupid planet-scan minigame for ME1.

I finished ME1 and ME2 on the Xbox; never got ME3. This is a clean play-through through all 3. Going a mostly good-guy FemShep. Of course.

Wheeeeeeeeee

oh also: DAMN this game is gorgeous, even with the ancient blocky textures and models (sometimes).

This is free for Prime Day, by the way! Looking forward to trying it on PC.

Tons of articles on gaming sites saying "get it for free now on Prime Day!’ when in fact it’s not live until 7/12, apparently. (None of the EA stuff like this or NFS/Grid Legends is showing up yet for me.)

(EDIT: Live now!)

ME1 never had a planet-scanning minigame. That was 2 and, to a much lesser extent, 3. For 1, while there were some planets and asteroids you could find things by scanning (hitting one button), for the most part you had to go down to a planet and drive around looking for all of them (only about 1/2 the items would show up on the map at first).

I’ll take the planet scanning of ME2 over that any day, mostly because traversing from point to point on the random planets was often extremely frustrating.

Thanks for the heads up.

Umm, augh, these are totally apples in oranges. One is a stupid mini-game, and that is all it will ever be, and the other is actual variable gameplay content. Driving, exploring, combat, etc. IIRC there were some quests on some of the planets as well with some base outposts to explore, not to mention the occasional sandworm boss.

He didn’t say it wasn’t content, just that he didn’t enjoy it. I recently played ME1 remaster and I completely agree, that mako stuff sucks.

No, but the comparison was made, and that is enough. I love the mako stuff. The stupid mini-game, not so much. (I hate it)

Sweet, had to grab a PC copy of the remaster because you know, free stuff!

I preferred scanning planets to riding around in that Mako. If I want to bounce around and slip and slide for 3 minutes, I’ll ask the misses to join me in my cockpit.

Meh, still waiting on ME3 multiplayer updated or hopefully included in the new ME under development.

The planets were small enough I enjoyed the Mako segments. The planetside zooming around on a heat map in Star Control was equally as much busywork so I tolerated this.

I’m puzzled. Does this mean “I don’t want a free copy of the trilogy remaster because of the lack of ME3 MP”? Because that’s just weird as heck to me.

Only a gamer could make a post that entitled. “Meh” indeed.

Fellow Mako apologists unite!

I loved nothing more than climbing to the highest point on any planet then seeing how far I could ‘fly’