Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

MaleShep or FemShep, do you think?

That’s a tough choice. I’m assuming it’s live action, so we actually won’t get Jennifer Hale’s wonderful voice acting.

I’m guessing they will make the calculation that MaleShep will bring in more viewers, particularly for non-Mass Effect players. So if I had to place a bet it would be they’ll go MaleShep, although I would not be shocked to see FemShep.

They’d better get Keith David to actually play Anderson.

I wonder if it’s the same project Henry Cavill was trying to get off the ground.

Cavill would make a pretty good Shepard

In honor of the Legendary Edition being included in the latest bundle, and having recently finished a run through thanks to gamepass, thought I would post a link to a list of mods. While I didn’t use all of these, I did use quite a few of them.

For Mass Effect 3, I highly recommend Starchild-Be-Gone and Audemus’ Happy Ending Mod

With the Humble Bundle now I’m thinking: Would you recommend Mass Effect 3 for someone who really liked Mass Effect 1 and finished Mass Effect 2 but thought it somewhat ruined the cool Reaper-story by giving men too much agency back? I really didn’t like how Mass Effect 2 made it all about men (and what they will and can achieve) instead of mystery and god(s) again.

Absolutely, fantastic game, regardless if you’re in it for the story or the gameplay.

Mass Effect 3 is a great game. You may not care for the ending, many did not, but it’s just one aspect of a game that has a great deal going on.

I would definitely recommend Mass Effect 3. I also thought Mass Effect 2’s story was a step backward. ME3 is firing again on all cylinders.

Just a couple days ago was the 10 year anniversary of ME3 release.

Yes, April 11 is canonically Shepard’s birthday. Happy belated birthday!

Missed opportunity, it should be November 7th

That would be just a bit goofy.

Started playing my shiny new Legendary Edition (obtained from the recent Humble Choice) and man how did I ever forget how amazing this series is!? It’s been long enough since I played through ME1 (at least 12 years) that I actually had forgotten some of it so it’s kinda familiar and yet still kinda new too, and the LE upscaled graphics look niiiiice. Combat is still as frustrating as I remember, though I am picking it back up quickly, and now I remember how much I disliked the “space bar to sorta pause and issue commands as long as you remember to hold it down while doing so” mechanic. Also, years of playing Elder Scrolls and other first-person RPGs means I keep hitting the “E” key instead of spacebar to interact with stuff. LOL. I guess a key-binding may be in order.

That is a fantastic guide! I think I am going to apply some of the first playthrough mods like Galaxy Map Tracker, Community Patch, Weapons Comparison, Mission Timing and Pinnacle Station to my game this weekend. Thank you for posting that!

I’m thinking of throwing the trilogy in for another ride and I’ve realized that I’ve never played as Renegade. Can anyone comment on Asshole Shepard? Is it fun?

Yes, but if you commit to it long enough you have to personally murder the two best party members in the series.

Indeed. Which was why I never made it to a full renegade playthrough. Being an asshole most of the time, when appropriate, still was fun though!