Master of Magic remake, created by Thea devs, published by Slitherine

I’m hoping they keep it single player and dispense with balancing it for multiplayer.

And that they keep it simple enough that the AI can play the game competently.

And allow stuff like flying warships and invulnerable paladins so that we can break the game to our hearts content.

I hope they allow multiplayer but dispense with balancing it for multiplayer. A good comp stomp benefits from all the same things a single player game benefits from.

So, how is the Deity Empires working out? I am always on the fence about it but I love the concept behind it.

I agree with this and also with all the people who said balance isn’t essential or even necessarily desirable. That said I’ve played way too much MoM to be happy with just graphics and AI upgrades.

You beat me to it, vinraith. You are a good man!

There’s a MoM mod called Caster of Magic. It changes a bunch of things and it’s supposed to have improved the AI. I have it loaded on my phone, but have yet to try it.

Damn skippy.
Perfect balance is neither achievable nor ideal to chase.

Besides some people enjoy ‘what is the dumbest build I can make and win with’.

It’s pretty good. I recommend it. It definitely improves the AI, though it’s still rough by modern standards.

I watch someone on YouTube who still regularly streams it. I wasn’t sure if I should go with Caster or the latest patch. Watching his streams made me go with Caster.

I recall Torin the Chosen with some artifact weapon and some buffs could just stomp everything in his path.

Torin is pretty nuts if he gets a level or two and pretty much anything else. His defenses ramp spectacularly, so if he can do non-trivial damage he just gets shit done.

Wraiths are still the least fair way to play. 11 Death, Wraiths, win.

There are definitely units or buffs that make you immune to the wraith dark bolts. I forget what they were, but it really sucked when I was all Mr. Darkness and then an army of them attacked my city and there was nothing I could do about it.

He needs something to give him flying or he is vulnerable to Cracks Call

I tried playing again recently and just couldn’t stomach the non-modern UI quality of life things that classic games like this lack. But that’s my problem, and I need to get beyond it.

Master of Magic was the first time I used “right-click” in a game to bring up additional information on something and it just blew my mind at the time.

The music. Do do doodly do, do da doot doot do.

wait, MoM is available on mobile? Really?

I imagine it is being done with a dosbox app.

Who do you watch? Id be interested in that stream.

Yes, with DOSBOX. I install the GOG version and copy it to my phone. The low res graphics are good for a phone as far as scale goes.