Matt Drudge Ruins Everything

LONDON — The Defense Ministry announced Friday that Prince Harry, the third in line to the British throne, would have to come home from Afghanistan because it was too risky for him to stay there.

The prince, 23, has been in Helmand Province with the British Army since December with the knowledge of most of the British news media, who agreed to keep the news secret for security reasons. Details of his deployment became widely known only when they were reported by the Drudge Report on Thursday and the British media decided that the agreement was off.

The Defense Ministry said in a statement that although Prince Harry had been expected to remain in Afghanistan for a few more weeks with his unit from the Household Cavalry Regiment Battlegroup, “the situation has now clearly changed.” As a result, the chief of the defense staff, Air Chief Marshal Sir Jock Stirrup, decided “to withdraw Prince Harry from Afghanistan immediately,” the ministry said
Is nothing sacred anymore?

In these days, when Jock Stirrup needs to remove his troops from combat I don’t think anything is sacred anymore.

The less royals alive, the better.

Could say the same about you in this case then.

I guess Space Admiral Turd Ferguson was unavailable for comment.

I think this might be the dumbest attempt to flip the script that I have ever seen. (no offense)

I’ve never been good at it.

I think it kind of sucks for Harry, but hey, Drudge is drudge. What do you expect?

Great ads though, for this thread. “Battled Tested Military Uniforms from BDU.com”? Sign me up!

So the “Harry on the front lines” thread that was already actively discussing this subject wasn’t enough?

Which thread is that?

edit: oh, that one.

Except it was first reported 10 weeks ago by an Australian magazine. But I’m happy for Drudge to get the blame.

Have you ever served in the military? If not, shut the fuck up.

Meaningless asinine comment in the context of one of the royals actually serving in the military.

Luckily he has, so he doesn’t have to ask for permission to make jokes.

His comment was not at all a joke, haha.

No, it was more of a snide comment about an outdated system that should by all rights be up for abolishment.

Considering the royal have no power at all anymore there really isn’t any reason to want to abolish it.

But then again, I’m the kind of person who thinks the idea of abolishing the monarchy is insane.

Discussions like this is why we fought you limeys for independence back in the 1700s.

Royalty is stupid.

Nope.