Mayor of Toronto on the Way Out

I don’t know about Ontario election laws, but this seems very suspicious. Here, only registered political parties or candidates can run political campaign ads, which must be approved by their official agent. Otherwise, this devolves into the kind of PAC bullshit like south of the border, and it becomes impossible to impose spending caps as they exist by law. It doesn’t matter if they’re endorsing more than one candidate; their effort is aimed at dislodging one, which is the same thing in the eyes of the law.

That’s bound to get some people trying to do so…

Does Canada allow write-in candidates? I’d be amused if these fake ads diverted enough votes away from Rob Ford’s opponents that Ford ended up winning re-election after all…which of course was all part of his master plan in setting up nofordnation.com!

Because two people disgraced over drug use are better than one.

Ford says the two men “know everything” about him and want to focus on the money he’s saved the city.

It’s already been debunked that he hasn’t saved the Canadians any money. The candidates really need to nail him down on this for lying.

Two new crack-smoking and drunk videos. Also pussy eating.

Maybe a sex tape if we’re unlucky.

Dave Foley ‏@DaveSFoley 3h

Rob Ford taking leave of absence to seek help with substance abuse. This could mean he’s taking time off to find a new dealer.

I enjoyed the tweet I saw this morning:

“The aristocrats!” says Rob Ford, eventually.

Ford going into rehab is probably a good thing, but based on his comments on the recent recordings it doesn’t sound like he truly wants help yet.

Surely 30 days is enough. Haha!

Unlike the first notorious video that captured the mayor apparently smoking crack cocaine, the mayor is not smoking from a glass pipe, rather a metal one. Scott MacIntyre, the former common-law spouse of Kathy Ford who is now suing the mayor, said in an interview that the mayor’s sister smokes crack from metal pipes that can also be used to smoke marijuana. “All you do is put foil on top,” Mr. MacIntyre said, explaining how such a device can be converted for crack use. A metallic liner, which forms the bowl of the pipe, can be seen in the footage The Globe viewed on Wednesday.

How does he manage to get filmed all the time? I get it that he has a chemical dependency issue, but he should have a rule that when the crack pipe comes out the cell phones go into the pocket.

I’m going to guess the cause is some variation of “crack is whack”.

he needs to find more trustworthy drug dealers.

I would’ve gone with “cocaine is a hell of a drug.”

I wish they would have found a definitive video showing his thuggish enabling brother Doug at the same basement watching Rob smoke crack. That bully has been quick to attack others and deny everything 100% right until the truth comes out. Him and his family then feign surprise that things were ever so serious.

Apparently after saying that Rob was “100% at rehab in the US” it turns out he was turned away from the border and then now he’s MIA somewhere. Somewhere at some magical rehab that’s “just like summer football camp” where Rob can call other councillors and the press using his cellphone. Supposedly spotted at Tim Horton’s in Toronto but Doug goes “that was me!”

These two thugs are terrible people and should not be allowed to hold office much less continue this charade of running for mayor.

The man is an admitted felon, isn’t he? I mean, crack possession is a felony in Canada, right? It’s Schedule I, minimum 1 year sentence. So since Ford appears to be immune to felony prosecution, he could murder the city council on live TV and apologize afterwards, I suppose. So sorry for the families, says Doug, but my brother is seeking anger management therapy at present, and the council is after all full of liberals.

http://www.thebeaverton.com/local/item/1346-rob-ford-rehab-is-amazing-my-favourite-part-is-space-mountain

It’s tough to spot The Onion wannabes out there sometimes, but I’m pretty sure this is a joke.

Though Ford’s tone was generally upbeat for a man entering rehab for alcohol and crack cocaine addiction, he took moments for sombre reflection. “They got this one kind of rehab therapy where you sit in a boat on this stream, and all these robot kids from around the world - y’know, little dagos and orientals - they sing about how it’s a small world after all. Really makes you think about what’s important.”

Yep I’m aware it’s satirical. The quotes about dagos and orientals is real though.