Mayor of Toronto on the Way Out

Rob Ford was smashed as recently as Easter Monday and brought a woman to City Hall

His compulsive liar brother Doug Ford says the stumbling was the result of “muscle spasms” from working out. Sure, the slurring too.

video footage

Corrupt Fords helped get city business for a company they’re affiliated with

Soon after that incident, Ford told reporters that he comes to city hall at night “all the time.” He added: “I can do whatever I want. It’s my office.”

What a scumbag family they are. How long til they’re run out of Toronto? Or has Canada become too Americanized to do anything about corrupt business’s politicians?

They’re “assisting constituents”. Pure customer service.

I hope he gets re-elected.

Anything bad for Toronto is good for the rest of Canada, especially Quebec.

Toronto wants to wallow in the goo of multiculturalism with unbridled enthusiasm? You get a Ford as a pushback. That’s the lesson, and it’s clear the multiculturalists haven’t understood it yet. I’m fairly certain the voters who voted for Ford will do so again, even though their candidate is a buffoon, a drug user and a liar, because he’s the exact opposite of what they hate above all, the hip boosters of diverse vibrancy and the creative-classing sham epigones of the U of T’s Richard Florida.

Hope you enjoy your culture war.

I’m thinking I probably shouldn’t even engage here, but… WTF? Is there a cogent thought in there somewhere?

It’s not really a culture war thing. Downtown Toronto amalgamated with the suburbs about 20 years ago. The big political split is core/periphery. Rob Ford plays really well in the suburbs because he understands that and makes no apologies about not caring about people who live south of Steeles. He’s not a pro race baiter like you, his riding as a city councilor was Rexdale which is… very very very not white, and he could have kept winning it until the end of time.

Rob and Doug need to be jailed.

Does multiculturalism mean something different in Canadian English?

Yea, I just can’t understand how they haven’t been indicted yet. Who/what has their back keeping them out of prison?

It’s an open question. Police surveillance caught Robby driving drunk and picking up from his dealer many, many times + the dozens/hundreds of Project Traveler/Brazen 2 wiretapped conversations with his dealers and enforcers + apparently it was an open secret in city hall that he was cutting coke and banging hookers in his office and elsewhere.

Since this is basically the all-things-Rob-Ford thread.

https://news.yahoo.com/toronto-mayor-hospitalized-suspected-tumor-000134938.html

And he’s actually out.

But the drama party isn’t over!

[…]and his brother has registered to run his in place.

and maybe Rob’s not completely out after all?

The city clerk’s office says Rob Ford will instead seek a seat on the City Council, after a nephew withdrew his candidacy.

Can’t make this stuff up.

Drug User Replaced by Drug Dealer in Toronto Mayoral Race

The truth is, yes, he was a drug dealer hood in his earlier days. Doug, that is.

This thread title could end up being all too true if the cancer is bad. But I guess we’re all at some stage of being on our way out I suppose.

Rob Ford is an embarrassing assclown, but his brother, Doug, is actually sinister and not a good human being. And I say that as a Toronto-based conservative.

They knew about the tumour in May. Doug Ford for Mayor domains were registered in May. Pundits this would happen if Rob began to poll poorly. This was planned.

Just burning money, since Doug is a fringe candidate. John Tory probably has it locked up now, as I can’t imagine anyone who would have voted for Rob Ford voting for anyone else - well, I guess some will vote Doug.

“Too sick” to run for mayor, but is sure he can win Ward 2 without having to campaign. Their hubris is unending.