McRib, is it back?

Well, if you’re jonesing for the things THAT bad, one frozen food manufacturer or another makes sort of the same thing. It’s random pig bits pressed together into a rack of fake babyback ribs with synthetic barbecue flavoring. I want to say it’s a Hormel thing, but I honestly can’t remember. They’re no replacement, but it’s sort of like McMethadone if you’ve got a monkey.

As far as just eating at McDonald’s goes, man, I’m as big of a food snob as anybody you will find and I STILL pull in there from time to time to get whatever comes out of the fryer. I wouldn’t eat the beef because I spent three of the worst working months of my working life working there over that damn grill and if I never see another 1/10 patty again in my life it will be too soon, but nobody else seems to get the lips-and-cloaca ratio right on their chopped and reformed chicken approximations. For that matter, if you can get them to only put a half a squeeze of tartar sauce on the damn thing instead of emptying the frigging caulk gun, the Filet 'o Fish is tolerable as well. And I made reservations a week ago for a table at Morton’s on Christmas Eve.

Warren may not like eating at McDonalds, but there’s always plenty of food at qt3.

Agreed. My wife and I cook at least two or three times a week (fresh stuff, from scratch, Cook’s Illustrated FTW). We had dinner in some fabulous restaurants recently (Tango and Joule, OH MY GOD, FUCKING INCREDIBLE, BOTH OF THEM). And we still get McD’s a couple of times a month, partly because it is so damn fast and convenient with two little ones in the car, and partly because it’s much more edible than the fast-food nazis would like to admit.

And the point remains: regardless of one’s opinion on taste, telling people they should be ashamed of their taste is using shame as a bludgeon, which is ethically wrong in itself in my opinion. De gustibus non est disputandum, motherfuckers.

I think that is key: usually disappointed. I think most people know on some level fast food is high in processed junk, low in nutritive value, and liable to not be good for them in the long term. Most people don’t care beyond their instant satisfaction, though. Over time I’ve become used to high quality foods that taste great (I’m not going to pretend my favorite pub burger is less caloric, although grass fed free range beef does make me happy/hippy), and overly manufactured cheap fast food just can’t compare. I don’t eat out every meal anymore, and when I do I won’t waste it on something I know sounds great nostalgically but will just be a letdown after the first bite.

Damn! None near me. :(

Erm, as someone who also can’t understand the love of McDonalds allow me to explain. There are just so many better tasting, less unpleasant things to eat instead.

Why do you care? It’s common knowledge you can get better food than what McDonald’s serves, but can you tell me where to get more consistent, faster, cheaper food?

If your criteria is (a) consistent, (b) fast and (c) cheap, I guess McDs will be your option. Me, I aim a little higher.

Seriously? So your issue is about the poor quality of the flavor, not about the health concerns? Cos if it’s about the poor flavor, mentioning the calories Kraaze ingested makes you look confused and uncertain about your point. However, if your issue is both about flavor and about health, you just admitted that you want to feed your children unhealthy crap. Which makes you look like a stupid asshole.

It’s shitty food. However, kids eating it once in a while because they LOVE the taste isn’t going to kill them. Kids eat lots of crap, it’s part of childhood. However, as you get older, you should be able to figure out what to put in your body. McDonalds isn’t it. But thanks for the ‘stupid asshole’ comment. Very compelling.

Erm, as someone who also can’t understand the massive hardon drama queens like EpicTwat get whenever they get their dander up over what someone else chooses to eat, allow me to explain. There are just so many better things you can do with your time other than acting like a complete asshole because some people on the internet are eating something you don’t like.

If you hate McDonalds, hate it so much that the mere mention sends you into a frothing rage, you might want to avoid the McDonalds thread. I could go into the Survivor thread and post “HEY! IF YOU ARE WATCHING REALITY TV I AM FUCKING ASHAMED OF YOU! AAAARGH! YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD!” but I don’t because I don’t fucking give a shit. You go into a thread about something you hate and contribute nothing but BLAAAR I HATE THIS! PEOPLE WHO LIKE IT ARE BAD! you are going to look like a psychotic asshole.

There is a McDonald’s like half a mile from my house, and it has one of those hamster-tube Playplaces that goes up to the ceiling. Sometimes I’ll meet my brother there and we’ll catch up while my niece wears herself out climbing around. McDonald’s isn’t somewhere I think, “Man, I’ve got to get me some McDonald’s!” It’s just handy. They are also open pretty late, which can be convenient.

I disagree with Tom W. and others that their coffee is any good, though. You guys are nuts. I admit I may be biased here because I think I still have burn scars from having to hold my dad’s McDonald’s coffee for him in the car, back before science invented cupholders.

You cannot claim to be a lover of food and at the same time turn your nose up at the Quarter Pounder.

Bahimiron, if it were only a question of taste, you’re right, who cares. No one is arguing a bbq pork sandwhich is not delicious. I eat all kinds of unhealthy foods that don’t make me morally angsty.

edit to your edit: If you see a thread labelled “let’s take a little drop of rat poison every day in our cereal”, it’s not unreasonable to have people who think it’s a bad idea jump in and let them know it.

(Unless you do think mcdonald’s is healthy in the long run and that the ways from which they make their food is sustainable and conscionable in which case I got nuthin’. )

Wow. You really have a knack for missing the point when you go off on your solipsistic crusades.

Oh, sorry, is this not a discussion forum? I thought you could agree or disagree with stuff posted here as you saw fit, and then argue your side of the issue with other people. Sorry, I misunderstood the purpose of this forum then. My bad! I’ll try to follow Bahimiron’s example of never posting a negative opinion about anything posted on this site.

Wow. You really have a knack for missing the point when you go off on your solipsistic crusades.

Ohh solipsistic! Big word, don’t get to see that every day.

Tracy got this one.

I’d further explain, but would it matter? You’re not interested in conversation here. You’re just interested in shoving your dick in the mashed potatoes. There’s a serious difference between ‘posting a negative opinion’ and what you’re doing here. It is entirely possible to make a negative post about McRibs or McDonalds without coming across the way you are. The shit you’re saying here, it’s like I’m reading YouTube comments.

This is the part where I’d say ‘Oh, Warren, you’re better than this.’ But I hate to lie.

It’s hard to see anything when you’re gazing at your navel all day, Mr. Omphaloskeptic.

Why don’t you have kids? So when are you going to have kids? Don’t you know how fulfilling kids can be for your life? You can’t fully enjoy life without children.

However, this thread is filled with grown adults going there on their own. Freely. By choice.

Ok no really, you’re being kind of a cocksmack.

This is the part where I’d say ‘Oh, Warren, you’re better than this.’ But I hate to lie.

Oh snap!

When it comes to McDonalds all we can expect from WarrenM is floccinaucinihilipilification.

(Is Xtien paying attention?)

Unless that thing is Miracle Whip.

I prefer Burger King to McDonald’s, as I find McDonald’s food to be fairly bland.

Also cake > pie.