Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus

Starring Deborah Gibson!

This is a meme already, even.

what is a meme already? movies? movies about giant animals? movies that pit one monster against another? Or did you mean… pointing out funny movies are a meme already?

This movie is a meme.

I see that JMJ hasn’t seen fit to duck into our Terminators thread, where we’ve already expressed our deep and abiding love for this instant classic. Long live Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus!

Hey, by the way, who would actually win a fight between a mega shark and a giant octopus? The mega shark, right?

-Tom

It’ll be a close fight, I bet. I’m looking forward to finding out!

Now, apparently octopus wins on much smaller scale, but you really can’t extrapolate the outcome of a mega shark and giant octopus from a dogfish shark and “giant” octopus. A dogfish shark probably can’t even leap out of the aquarium to bite a model airplane, for one.

Ultra Roy Scheider would win, obviously.

By the way, anyone who wants to go through the trouble of downloading the video and dubbing in “Suck my megadiiiiick” at the end can feel free. I was going to do it but I got lazy.

No, I stay out of this subforum and its endless fanatical flamewars.

The shark wins if it gets a body bite in on a first strike; otherwise, the octopus gets a grip on the shark and bites/constricts unto death. I guess being giant would pretty much prevent the usual octopus ambush from camouflage, though.

It occurred to me on the bus this morning that animals that size transported to the modern world would probably starve to death, because they’d have to stuff themselves with tiny morsels pretty much constantly. Then again, I saw a nature show once where these bears survive winter by going up into a barren rocky mountaintop area and eating nothing but moth larvae that they find under rocks.

all movies are memes :P

also, JMJ are you implying this movie is unrealistic? Why wouldn’t the shark just prey on whales which are not tiny?

Bear in mind that the trailer doesn’t show whether or not large pods of mega whales and mega plankton and other links in the mega food chain were also released from ten million years of hibernation. They well could have been, but simply don’t enter as serious combatants into the central conflict.

He’s going to need a bigger boat.

• Alan

'Cause there wouldn’t be enough for a shark that big…whales would have to fill the sea in shoals like herring…

But none of that matters now, because I sent Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus to my coworkers, and one of them sent THIS back:

GIGABOAT!

This Megashark eats battleships, and I mean the old Iowa-class types. Seriously, that’s not a Megashark, that’s Mecha-Shark.

Someone wanna run a simulation in D&D?

Big Man Japan has been on my radar for a while. It’s actually doing rather well at Rotten Tomatoes so far too.

Mega Shark can bite through the Golden Gate bridge, a battleship, and yank jumbo jets from the sky.

Giant Octopus is so screwed. No way he wins this.

vs. Supertrain!

God dammit, I can’t stop watching the premiere episode. Someone turn off my internet.