Merry Christmas 2020!!

My brother used to use old Sunday comics before the Internet destroyed newspapers.

Have any of you seen those fake Christmas boxes? You put your present in them and it looks like one of those ridiculous TV Ad gadgets.

This is my favorite!

Feliz Navidad desde Mexico. I think I posted last year that one of the down sides of being a Jew in Mexico this time of year is that even the Chinese restaurants are closed.

Then again, our friend Fernando who manages the Tequila Factory will be opening the doors for a private celebration with some of us tomorrow afternoon.

Tequila>beef and broccoli any day of the week.

As to working, our project for the weekend is putting up pictures - the last step of being moved into the new house.

This type of question makes me aware of my privilege as it seems to me that the obvious question would be the opposite, as in “Does anyone else not have Christmas day off?” Is Christmas Day not like a national holiday or something?

There are some companies that are still open. I mean the ER never sleeps, for example, and the support behind them doesn’t really either.

Having said that, I took more than a few days off, and the pager means officially most the team has the day off unless we get paged or get one of those error emails.

Merry Christmas, and may covid have mercy on us.

Merry Christmas Eve

And Shadow is just lazing around. I keep telling him his 16 hours need to overlap with my sleep hours, but that darn cat just wont listen to me.

Such a beautiful photo @MichaelD. The sort of place that just invites you in. I love it.

Merry Christmas to everyone here at Q23, and good riddance 2020!

Way back in March, I started up a D&D campaign online with @Chappers @Otthegreat @JoshL. We played nearly every week until the wrap-up just last week. This week, Christmas came a couple of days early as I received these as a thank-you from @Chappers!

Lovely cups of real English tea - I know 'cause it says so right there on the box!
IMG_20201224_180017746
It really is a pyramid.

Wintertime calls for hot tea! Thanks @Chappers!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I don’t want to derail this wonderful thread, but @ineffablebob, can you tell us more about your D&D campaign? I’ve started reading your campaign reports, and it sounds really fun. Is the March report the first one? Did you serve as DM? Was this an official campaign or a homebrew? Maybe you can start (or already have started?) a separate thread. :)

Once again, Merry Christmas!

Happy Holiday of your choice! Enjoy the “I Survived 2020” t-shirt, but maybe don’t tempt fate by putting it on for another week.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love to everyone!

Merry Christmas Everybody! This is our first Christmas with just the two of us. We’ve always either gone to family, had family visit us, or had at least one of the kids. Covid says No! to that so we’ve responded by making way too much holiday food!

Our fancy meal is today. We’ve always been beef roast or turkey people for Christmas dinner but today it will be a ham (a Crimbo ham according to the guy who smoked them) with homemade mincemeat pie for desert. Or we could have cookies, stollen, panettone, or fruitcake. I need more people to eat all of these treats!

I am so stuffed!

I am off my weight watchers program for the holiday and not used to eating so much - but that did not stop me!

Here’s what we consider the best version of A Christmas Carol – 1951, with Alastair Sim. For @triggercut, the Ghost of Christmas Present starts with the visit to the mine.

Merry Christmas, Every One.

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Carol-Alastair-Sim/dp/B07BD2J1K3

Merry Christmas everyone! May your hearts be full of cheer and your tummys full of good grog!

Happy Holidays! Make the best of it in this crappy year.

Do you have a Christmas tree in the land down under? I assume it’s decorated with ornaments of things that could kill you in Australia. :)

Merry Christmas all!

Merry Christmas (or holiday or your choosing) everyone! My brothers certainly know how to choose gifts relevant to my interests:

Cheese and one of my favorite podcast creators, right up my alley.