MI to FL and back, New Years-ish time frame

I’m probably in Ral. for the whole holiday period, so I will stay tuned.

So I’m going to tag in a few more folks, because I may be expanding this odyssey a bit. Got a friend in Toronto, and it’s possible I may go up there on the outbound trip before making a hard right turn to head down toward DC and points south. Which would mean I’d pass through western New York state and parts of Pennsylvania, or maybe even go a bit further east into upstate NY. Cooperstown is a definite possibility, if I’m gonna be within a few hours drive anyway. If the extra northern leg does happen, that would move the Columbus visit to the trip back, probably somewhere in the Jan 9-11 range.

I believe @Dave_Perkins is up in those parts somewhere…around Utica maybe? And @Timex, somewhere in the wilds of Pennsylvania, right? And that Toronto leg would mean I’d probably pass right by @K_Wattington in Sarnia. Any of those folks (or others in the area) going to be near home between Christmas and New Years and have interest in a meetup?

Yup, I’m about a half hour west of Utica! I’m pretty sure that Cooperstown is within an hour of me. And I have a guest room…

I hereby revoke any suggestion that you should fly. You are not taking a trip to Florida and back, you are taking a Great Northern American Odyssey of Epic Proportions! Florida is no longer a destination, it’s a turn around point. Sounds like a helluva trip!

If any of your meanderings bring you through the Windy City, please let me know. It’d be an honor and a privilege to hang out with you!

Great! Probably would be Dec 28th or 29th, will put up an updated schedule plan later. I am relieved to hear there is a guest room, would hate to intrude on the horses in the stable.

I will heretofore refer to this trip as the GNAOEP.

I used to get over to the other side of Lake Michigan all the time. Less so in recent days, but it does happen occasionally!

If you bought my book and bring it, I will sign it! Lacking a book, you can still get a body part signed.

I’d love to get together and hang if I’m around. My schedule looks crazy with travel and work around the holidays, but if I’m in town I’d love to meet folks in person!

OK folks, here is the latest plan for the GNAOEP 2019-2020.

Dec 27 - GR to Toronto, visiting friends there
Dec 28 - Toronto to central NY state around Utica to visit @Dave_Perkins
Dec 29 - Central NY to Alexandria VA area to hang with @Tin_Wisdom, triggercut, maybe others
Dec 30 - Northern VA to somewhere around Savannah GA
Dec 31 - Savannah to St Pete, New Years with my folks
Jan 1 - St Pete with my folks

Jan 2-6 - In Orlando. At some point meet @RichVR and @arrendek, likely at the Cloak and Blaster which sounds awesome!

Jan 7 - Leave Orlando, drive to somewhere around Savannah GA
Jan 8 - Savannah to Raleigh NC, hang in the evening with @clay @ArmandoPenblade @Zephyr @sillhouette etc, maybe Boxcar arcade
Jan 9 - Raleigh to to Columbus, hang in the evening with @Guap and @ddtibbs
Jan 10 - Columbus to GR

Nothing set in stone yet, so if anyone tagged (or others in the areas mentioned) want to make suggestions, I’m happy to hear 'em! I’m hoping to have the plans firmed up around Dec 1.

(Apparently you can only mention 10 users in a single post on Discord. Learn new things every day!)

Sounds great. Looking forward to it.

Wow that sounds like an awesome trip. Hope the weather is good for you and you have a fun and safe journey.

I am a Raleigh noob, sure @ArmandoPenblade has some good hang out suggestions. A co-worker also mentioned a tabletop gaming place with a bar up on Creedmoor. I do owe you a few drinks for all the PoE help, since I always drop out around the time I hit red maps.

Hm, looks like I’m going to be in Florida for Christmas this year. Doesn’t line up with your times but looks like you’ve got a pretty strong lineup. Have fun!

New update! Broken into outbound and return trips so Discourse will be less upset with me.

Dec 27 - GR to Toronto, visiting friends there
Dec 28 - Toronto to central NY state around Utica to visit @Dave_Perkins
Dec 29 - Central NY to NY/NJ area to visit friends
Dec 30 - NY/NJ area to Alexandria VA area to hang with @Tin_Wisdom, @triggercut, maybe others
Dec 31 - Northern VA to somewhere SC/GA
Jan 01 - Somewhere SC/GA, maybe do a New Year’s Day 5k, head to Orlando

This is pretty solid now. I moved the northern VA visit to Dec 30 so I could fit in one more stop on the way to see some folks. The New Years Eve/Day plans are fluid, will just see how that goes at game time.

And here is the Orlando stay and return trip!

Jan 2-6 - In Orlando. At some point meet @RichVR and @arrendek, likely at the Cloak and Blaster which sounds awesome!

Jan 07 - Leave Orlando, drive to somewhere Carolinas/GA
Jan 08 - Somewhere Carolinas/GA to Raleigh NC, hang in the evening with @clay @ArmandoPenblade @Zephyr @sillhouette etc, maybe Boxcar arcade
Jan 09 - Raleigh to to Columbus, hang in the evening with @Guap and @ddtibbs
Jan 10 - Columbus to GR

Sometime after Thanksgiving I’ll be sending PMs to the folks tagged here so we can do specific plans for each stop. If you’re not on the list for a stop and want to be in the loop, lemme know! Or vice versa, of course, though that would be a sadder situation.

Looks like a great trip, man! I’m envious! Hopefully we can meet up.

I recently saw an article on geek bars in the Orlando area and this was one of the featured locations. It looked pretty awesome.

I have sent out PMs to everyone that is on my list of folks to see on the trip! If you have not received such a PM from me, and would like to be included in any of the stops listed upthread, please let me know!

The car is loaded, whatever I’ve forgotten is forgotten, and the road awaits. The odyssey begins!

My prediction for Day 3: