MicroProse is back

There’s even a thread for it in this very forum.

https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/task-force-admiral-a-ww2-pto-carrier-battles-simulator/

I was looking at Carrier Command 2 stuff and ran across this interview with Stealey and Lagettie.
https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/06/how-microprose-returned-to-making-military-sim-games/view-all/

I can’t even mention a couple of them because they’re yet to be announced, but with one game in particular, it’s quite a famous game. Every second email I get is about it. It will change pretty significantly from the original game. It’ll have full cooperative play. Obviously technology has changed a lot. But we’ll still try to honor what made that game so good. And hopefully we’ll make a lot of people happy seeing that name again.

OMG CO-OP DARKLANDS PLZ AND THANK YOU

B-17 co-op in VR.

To make THAT work you’d have to allow both VR and non-VR players at the same time if you wanted a full crew, I think.

They now have 10 games listed on their site. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

That, and Twilight 2000.

The time for the Floyd of the Jungle reboot is nigh!

BETTER BE THIS!!!

Nope, not necessary at all. DCS World does co-op and it doesn’t matter what you use since that’s on the front-end and it matters not to the server. (F-14 is co-op).

Rex Nebular, am I right

How about Red Storm Rising?

Whoa… I forgot about that game. That would be pretty awesome as well.
B17 is still top 'o the list though ;)

M1TP or go home.

If I could have any MicroProse title modernized, it would be 1942:PAW. Was so cool to have the strategic aspect tied in with the flight sim.

Falcon 4.0 was MicroProse…

Not anymore. I don’t think they should do anything with it as the teams curating and updating it are doing a really good job.

Falcon 4.0 was Spectrum Holobyte, with a MicroProse label slapped on the manual.

If they tried to modernize Falcon 4.0, they’d never finish. Given that Falcon 4.0 still isn’t finished. :)

Now, imagine taking the current Falcon 4.0 campaign, but adding the MSFS sim engine and modern aerodynamics…

Woooo. wowow.