MicroProse is back

They already announced this: https://www.microprose.com/games/the-mighty-eighth/#

Could it be another techno-thriller from the case files of Max Remington?

Oh yes…played the hell out of PAW.

So it…basically…allows both VR and non-VR players…to play at the same time…which is exactly what I said originally…?

Oh yes very much this please thank you please.

I’d like M1TP3, but I’m probably not going to get it.

I’m with this. For me I really want a modern Covert Action. And, Darklands. Don’t forget Darklands.

(Scrolled up a bit more and Brian didn’t forget. Good man)

After B17 that would be my next wish. Or maybe Red Storm Rising. How about both! I can dream right?

The only real answer is Sword of the Samurai.

My choice would have been Master of Magic but there have been so many disappointing efforts since MicroProse published the original that I gave up hope.

We already have a modern Red Storm Rising though, in the form of Cold Waters, which is pretty much a direct port of the old game. Unless they are talking about B-17, as co-op would imply a sim, it might be Gunship/Gunship 2000/Gunship! and they could even have another go at the Gunship!/M1TP2 interoperability. We’ve already seen some screenshots of Apaches when they licensed the outerra engine, IIRC.

Seconded

Ah, another man of Culture I see, like @BrianRubin .

But have you every played Twilight 2000?

And by played, I mean just spent hours designing characters over and over and over again.

While Slitherine have not announced a Master of Magic 2 yet, they have been busy with the rights to the game via Caster of Magic.

It’s a very good mod of the game that improves the AI considerably. I’ve only seen one video of someone winning on the highest difficulty level, and that took a very specific custom wizard and highly beneficial starting terrain. I lose all the time at a level or two below the hardest difficulty, which is a wonderful thing. I do still go back to the original now and then to mass produce invisible flying ships or just paladin my way to victory, but those don’t work so well in CoM.

Soo, any Grand Prix Manager revivals on the agenda? Asking for a friend, heh. My introduction to Microprose was games like Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, Transport Tycoon, and that kind of stuff. Some of their current catalogue of upcoming titles interests me but my heart and wallet are really in the deep, satisfying tycoon (business sims alternatively) games and such.

As long as you don’t need the licence, Motorsport Manager definitely scratches that itch.

I didn’t remember Paragon being tied to Microprose. I guess that means the Traveller games are part of the library as well.

OMG save, because once I got in the game I got MURDERED. AND I LOVED IT.

Indeed it does. I might be getting ever so slightly impatient waiting for a sequel though. Sitting here looking at Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 and Motorsport Manager Online thinking it would be nice if the PC could get some of the neat additions Playsport Games made. There’s only so much MM-PC mods can do until it would be nice to get a new and improved sequel for PC.