Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

I have to turn off live weather down there, it’s too stressful.

Everyone loves screenshots! Here’s a few of my own recent ones.

NeoFly rescue mission in Slovenia:

Off-field landing on a similar mission in Italy:

And headed back out again, mission compete.

Great shots, that looks like one of the Savage models and with the 3X Garmin inside. Is that the Carbon or the Grravel?

It’s the XCub with the tundra tires mod from Bush League Legends. I like it a lot when I’m looking for something a little more sedate than Grravel, or with upgraded avionics. Can’t take off in 20 meters like you can in Grravel, but you can’t have everything. :D

Still waiting for IFR / jets to not be broken and unrealistic :(

Have you tried our CJ4 or the Fly By Wire A320? They still have limitations, but both have some major improvements. The CJ4 has a completely new custom flight plan manager that has fully functional VNAV, which changes the game completely.

There are still some limitations that we can’t fully work around, but not many.

End of self-promotion.

I’m the kinda simmer that’s flying stuff like the PMDG 737, so I fully admit my expectations for this stuff are higher than most players :P

Hehe. Totally fair. But there’s a difference between not being PMDG level and being “broken”. The base game, in some ways, is broken. With a few mods, though, a couple of the planes get pretty reasonable.

(That said, I’d suggest that the CJ4 is approaching, although definitely not at, PMDG standards. We definitely have the most feature-complete Proline 21 implementation on the market except possibly the one MilViz did. Real world procedures work, specs are pretty close to the real one, even small details like the speed at which bearing pointers swing have now been implemented. And we have neat features like the SimBrief flight plan import, and we’ve previewed the ability to view Navigraph charts directly on the MFD, which is pretty freaking neat, if I say so m’self. :) )

But yeah, I get it. I’m eagerly waiting for the first A2A-caliber GA single.

Today’s hotfix also fixed at least one other issue, the lights that had popped up all over runways and taxiways on third-party airports since the UK update. Nice.

Justin Parcher, the gentleman on flightsim.to who had done the awesome YF-15 and F-15EX repaints, among others, was kind enough to paint the F-15D in 1994 Tyndall AFB colors for me, so I could relive that experience. :) He did a beautiful job!

I haven’t given it a try in a while, but I’ll take a look at the CJ4. Thanks! :)

I paid for due or closely due maintenance for several QT3 aircraft from the group account, including the King Air which was due. I also padded the group account a bit. We’re still at 100K. Still saving for a rainy day.

Figure some of y’all might be entertained by this. I’ve been meaning to go back and record another STOL run with Grravel now that we have a flight recorder and I can actually do it from inside the cockpit – which makes it easier to manage the brake stand and flap drop. I finally did it tonight.

Managed to get 'er off the ground in all of 12 meters. Pretty respectable, I think.

That’s really cool! Which flight recorder app are you using?

For that one I used Flight Recorder. It’s not as full featured as FSPlayground, which I also have, but it lets you export your flight log as a csv so you can examine the data, which I thought would be neat with this.

(And it’s free. Which, if you don’t already have one, is hard to beat.)

Thanks, Skipper!

Nice screenshots above, everyone. I imagine you’re all on 3090s ;) as I seem to have had a lot of graphic degradation in comparison. As an example, at the very start, my runways were beautiful and crisp; it was a pleasure to see them in the distance on approach. Now, they turn to shit, blurry as hell, when I’m a couple of hundred feet out. Same settings, just a blanket Ultra. Very annoying.

Better add some of my own.

Cincy looking good:

Cuban cays or cais

Taking the Goose from Minneapolis to Manitoba

A whole city built under a massive dam here. What could go wrong.

I crashed in a snowstorm but the sim didn’t end so I turned the Weather to Clear Skies to see what I hit:

Sochi Olympic site

Those screenies are very respectable! I really like the one of the Goose resting in its natural habitat.

I need to download the Goose! Those screens are awesome, @Pedro It looks lie you too the Piaggio over some nice scenery.

In related news to you and @Ginger_Yellow it appears whomever runs Montgomery and the spoke sites from it either set them all to private runs for that group or someone has been VERY busy. There isn’t crap for jobs there now. I’ll have to migrate the King Air to a better site again. That was a nice little money spot for the time though. I hope to god they didn’t set those for private because that literally ruins the money they made from a non-group member running so many boarding/un-boarding operations through that FBO. It was extra cash in their pocket versus re-payment back to their own group.

Yeah, I thought that might have happened. Hence using the TBM. I’m maxed out on hours anyway, so it doesn’t really matter.

I’m hoping to base my/our Longitude in Asia somewhere (or even southern Africa if it’s viable) to give us some more geographical diversity until we get our FBOs. If you hear of any good job networks let me know.

That time you had it in Louisiana was incredible. There seemed to be almost full loads to two separate nearby airports. You were paying it off at the time and it was all I could do not to snap up the jobs before you came online :P

Great idea.