Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Rivet counters. :)

Nice work there. Must be proud to be picked up by the MotherShip.

Yeah. Seanā€™s experience in the CJ4, in particular, is what helped us get so authentic with it. No matter how comprehensive your references are, there are some things you just donā€™t know until youā€™ve actually flown it in real life.

Thereā€™s been a lot of, ā€œHey, Sean, what happens when <insert totally wacky edge case here>?ā€ at times.

Now that youā€™ve been picked up by the big team, can anything be leveraged there to get additional shots/sounds/questions with vendors or newer versions of the aircraft for even better realism in-game? As this point, you guys just got a ticket that includes clout. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if that can be used to leverage discussions with actual aircraft vendors.

Thatā€™s a great video by the way. The way it combines all the interviews with the team members of Working Title, the background music, and pairs it with the visuals from the game. Good stuff.

I canā€™t speak to any concrete plans, but we have had similar thoughts running through our heads, too. :) Weā€™ll see what happens in time. It would definitely be amazing if that could happen.

Thanks! We roped in a friend who does professional audio mixing to master the sound, but aside from that it was all us with MS sticking on the bumpers. Iā€™ll pass the compliments on to the team. :)

Can you ask Microsoft to add random aliens jetting around and the secret alien abduction sites? Until that happens, I just canā€™t call this a realistic sim.

Thatā€™s already in the game, but itā€™s synced with real time alien abductions-only, so itā€™s hard to catch it within the game unless you happen to be there.

True story. It comes with the live weather setting. It should technically be ā€œlive weather and alien abductionsā€, but it didnā€™t fit.

(Getting the integration with the CIAā€™s top secret alien tracking network working correctly is what caused live weather to be so troublesome at launch.)

I knew it! Bill Gates mind control is involved too isnā€™t it? lol

Iā€™ve said too much already.

Actually, if you still have a copy of FSX, play the ā€œSecret Shuttleā€ mission. (Flying a Janet 737 to Area 51.)

I did the voice for the Area 51 ATC. :)

Whoa cool! Need to port that into the new game!

So Iā€™m still flying the modded DA62 exclusively while I teach my friend how to fly. Iā€™ve been playing every day for months. Last night, during all three flights I attempted, my engine power kept fluctuating wildly by as much as 30%. Only in cockpit view, too - it behaved when I was in external view. Maddening.

Must be a bug with the mod I guess, because eventually I deleted the mod and the stock DA62 worked fine. But why it only manifested last night I have no idea.

Yeah, all the regular updates plus mods seem to lead to wildly varying performance. Iā€™ve been pretty lucky so far, but on the dedicated forums people are howling.

I have a strange one, dunno if anyone here knows what is going on. Iā€™m cruising along at 23,000 feet in the TBM, nothing out of the ordinary, but the speed gauge seems to be telling me Iā€™m approaching the danger area:

But the exterior view looks normal, ie indicating that I could up it another 30 or 40 knots:

No mods applied to the Garmin or the plane.

Ohā€¦Iā€™m thinking, given the air temperature, that it might be an incorrect reading due to freezing?

Pitot heat on? That might account for strangeness if not. Other than that, it seems strange.

I canā€™t seem to get my Garmin units any brighter than what appears to be 50% or so. Iā€™ll play with mods and see if itā€™s that.

Iā€™ve removed all performance mods until they post a version confirmed updated for the latest sim update. Seems like enough changed under the hood to warrant reverting for now.

How does Microsoft determine who ends up on the MSFS Store Marketplace?

To that end Iā€™d like to pick up a few pieces. I have none. What do you all suggest? I donā€™t need any aircraft. Just looking at scenery, but itā€™s hard to know the quality and value of each one without any kind of written reviews.

Vendors need to apply to be part of the marketplace program. Iā€™m not sure of the specifics of that, but from what Iā€™ve heard itā€™s a somewhat slow process to get through. MS also takes a cut of all sales through the marketplace, natch.

As for sceneryā€¦ what sort of thing are you looking for? Thereā€™s a lot available, as youā€™ve seen. :D

Yea itā€™s a bit overwhelming. I saw some of the training stuff from FS Academy for VFR/IFR. That would be nice if it walks you through everything so I donā€™t have to alt-tab to Youtube or other websites to figure out what and how I do that stuff.

More detailed scenery and landmarks is the other top of the list thing for me. But no one ever makes vanilla/modded screenshot comparisons so itā€™s really hard to know if the $25 youā€™re spending will make that big of a difference.

When people do airports. Do the airports end up becoming more functional in some way along with theupgraded graphics?