Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

There’s a FAQ, Jeff. :)

Oh I thought the FAQ was going to just be a bunch of boring business stuff lol.

RTFF :)

Haha. We’re going to try hard not to become boring business people now that we’re commercial. :D There will obviously be some limits on what we can talk about, but it’s our promise to the community to continue to be as open as we can within the bounds of our contracts and other obligations.

But yes, part of the plan is to implement the changes we’ve made to the Garmins and to the CJ4 into the core sim. We don’t have a specific roadmap or timeline for this yet; that should be one of the first things we dive into.

That’ll be sooo nice :)

All I picture in my head is this …

Dorky white dudes dancing? That’s basically us this afternoon, yeah. :D

More like the Wolf of Wall Street guys partying after a big deal. :) But yep, also dorky dancing. For sure I would partake of that if I were in your shoes.

Ohh! I’ve actually never seen that movie.

Whoops my bad. Sorry @kaosfere and congratulations!

No hard feelings! :D

And thank for the congrats again, everyone. Yesterday was a crazy day. For anyone who wants to watch it, here’s a direct link to the announcement and our Q&A in yesterday’s livestream:

(Edit: pulled out the embed because it ignored the timecode. Clicking the link should take you to the right point in the stream.)

You realise we all get to complain to you about the bugs now, right?

Oh helllll no. I point you to the section of the FAQ that says we will not be providing official support for MSFS. 🤣

I mean, complain away. I can probably help with a lot of stuff anyway just because I’m a total nerd on this stuff and I like to be helpful. Or if nothing else, what annoys you probably annoys me, too.

Of course, it should be obvious that anything from this point on that I say in the thread, unless stated otherwise, is my own personal opinion and not that of my employer. Needed to get that disclaimer out at some point, even though it feels somewhat obnoxious to do it. :|

Dang, beat me to it! Enjoy looking at our nerdy faces…

Which nerd are you? :)

Also, this is awesome.

I loved that aircraft designer in the old FS. I was so sad not to see that feature carried forward.

I’m Rob, the one dude with a headset because my bloody condenser mic didn’t arrive until the day after I had to record.

It’s fine. Pilots and headsets go together like pineapple and coconut.

I’m so stoked for you guys. Have any of you even met in person?

I think Chris and Matt have in the past, since they’d known each other previously. Aside from that, nope. Matt lives in Chicagoland, too, and Sean often flies through ORD, so I’m sure at some point post-pandemic the three of us at least will be able to gather. :D Dominik’s on his own…

Well met, Rob. Since I know your name I’m Kelly and it’s so fucking awesome to see gaming and IT and development come together not just for all the updates your group has done so far but also NOW in an official role. I look forward to seeing the changes you guys can bring.

As for the headset, we all wear them all the time now, it’s becoming synonymous with remote work and just work, period. It didn’t dawn on me you were the only one wearing one until you said it.

I didn’t realize the pilot experience your team brings as well, that’s pretty awesome.