Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Got myself a (small) cargo plane so now I can, uh, grind out cargo runs in FSE -_-

It has lots of pretty dials, which is really what matters

New tool tips working as advertised

Careful, not only are you overspeeding, but the RPMs are in the red and the torque is at 100%: the engines are gonna catch fire. Ease back on that throttle!

Hey, which one did you get!! I thought you bought an BN-2 Islander a while back.

The new version of the Salty 747 has just released! Lots of nice new features, including VNAV and holds. Iā€™m trying it out right now, seems to be working fine!

Hey, if you saw how much this was costing me per hour, youā€™d have everything turned up to 11 too. ;)

Itā€™s the Nextgen Simulations Embraer 110 ā€œBanderianteā€. Itā€™s ok, I got it for FSE. I only just got it and am figuring out whatā€™s what, but it appears that the mixture lever doesnā€™t work at all, which is a bit strange. But itā€™s for hammering over and back in FSE so from the point of view of being a plane which behaves a bit differently, itā€™s good.

There are freight and passenger versions. The freight one (or rather the plane I have aliased it to) only holds 3200KG so itā€™s a bit limited but FSE planes in that price spot are 1-1.5M, whereas the bigger ones are 5M-ish. The passenger model holds 19 pax so thereā€™s that too.

The Islander was decent but very slow, so only suitable for short hops in FSE.

I cheat and use the King Air 350 tagged as a livery for the Embraer 110. The problem is the King Air wonā€™t let me load the actual cargo weight or PAX of the 110 from what I understand. But itā€™s good if thatā€™s the only rental I can find. It makes me wonder how well they fly.

Iā€™m actually using it aliased to the BAe Jetstream 32! You can also alias the King Air 350 to that plane, and it works great. The bigger issue is that itā€™s hard to make V$ with the rental rates, so I bought a Jetstream outright in FSE. Iā€™m wondering if I should just park it at one of these hubs with the zillion passengers and carry 19 at a time, as cargo jobs seem pretty underwhelming unless you can stack a few.

Urgent cargo jobs pay decent, but you canā€™t stack them obviously, and theyā€™re fickle.

What Ginger said. You have to seek them out though, they are not repeating at the same airport, usually. They are also usually longer haul but good money. The same with MVP PAX runs.

Still seeing occasional oddities. For instance, Edinburgh Castle is floating above the ground. I just donā€™t get why QA canā€™t effectively manage the entire world /s.

How do you know Edinburgh Castle doesnā€™t actually float?

I was going to say because Iā€™ve never seen it do so, butā€¦ whoā€™s to say? I canā€™t argue with this logic, lol.

Check and Mate.

methode_times_prod_web_bin_af5bfb32-69cd-11e8-9c53-0e2cb45ebb16

Your little ā€œ/sā€ there shows that you have a better grip on reality than about 2/3 of Avsim posters. šŸ˜Š

Brilliant!

LOL - I can only imagine.

Turned live weather off and havenā€™t had a recurrence of this, so Iā€™m assuming that bug(s) was behind it.

Yeah that last hotfix was supposed to fix it, but clearly didnā€™t. Itā€™s kind of miserable flying airliners at the moment if you like live conditions.

No, it didnā€™t. It was meant to, but there was a goof-up in the works. :(

The most I can say about it at this point is that Iā€™m hopeful there will be a second, actual, hotfix for it relatively soon. People should actually get the fix we said we were going to give them, IMO, and Iā€™m fighting for that. The final call on that is at higher paygrades than mine, though, and has to weigh in other development and business priorities.

The weird thing was my OAT seemed perfectly normal.

Whatā€™s the best place to get plane mods? There are a few different sites Iā€™ve found.