Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Go to the finances tab. Look at the list of loans, right click on the one you want and select “Execute loan”.

The user guide is pretty good and, unusually for this sort of thing, is fairly regularly updated.

Yep it got me started. I’m doing my first pax flight as we speak. :)

There’s plenty of help on YouTube as well. This guy got me started and I’ve seen 3 of his so far.

I like the idea of the career management apps, but in the end just find them too fussy and inflexible. Instead, I’ve been enjoying SkyPark. It’s pretty simple – essentially a flight generator with a nice UI and a light gloss of persistence. But it sends me off to a nice variety of destinations, let’s me fly whatever plane I’m in the mood for, and has some cool regional tours. You earn “money” by doing flights, although right now the only thing you spend it on is relocation fees.

Also appreciate how easy it is to bounce back from a crash to desktop and resume your flight, and that it isn’t trying to force any sort of schedule on me.

Not nearly as robust as NeoFly, OnAir, etc. but fits the chill vibe that I am looking for with a civi flight sim.

Yeah it is a very nice program, I just wish it had more features. Quick tip: you can specify both departure and destination if you really want to, albeit for reduced pay. I use that feature when I want to fly a specific route for whatever reason and I think I may as well be earning cash/XP while I’m doing so.

Didn’t realize that. Thanks! Helpful if I want to relocate to an airport that has a route I want to take.

I’m loving this part of the railroad in Russia. There’s so many bends, so much of the railroad going by the rivers, and then attaching itself to a different river, and making sudden turns, going around hills, suddenly switching to a different hill. It feels like if I lose sight of it even for a second I’m going to be lost and lose the rails.

Huh, it never occurred to me to play the game in third person.

I switch back and forth. The cockpit of this plane is hard to see out of. I think it’s meant to be flown at high altitudes, not down low near the railroad, you know? So if I want to see the scenery in this plane, really 3rd person is the only real way I can do it.

I reached a little rural town after over an hour of no civilization. I wonder if these people have good internet?

The river is frozen!

I can confirm that the weird bug I encountered is due to setting a destination runway. If you don’t do that, then there is no weird rudder behavior.

I flew over the USAF Academy in colorado springs, which I haven’t been to in a year or so. It was pretty accurately modeled, from what I could remember.

I’ve been flying in Neofly the last few days off and on and enjoying it. After the recent update, I’m back to ultra settings so I’ve been enjoying the sightseeing even more.

A few recent shots. This is flying the Cessna 150 in Neofly but approaching a squall line. Note how far off GPS track I am. As it turns out I forgot how hard it is to maintain a straight line with zero autopilot and in a very small plane.

This is what you do NOT want to see flying the 150 as VFR. I’d have turned back in real life but I mean, it’s virtual plane money here.

And being a bit overwhelmed with no autopilot and actually aviating, I wasn’t paying attention to my airspeed when landing, a very deadly thing to do:

Fortunately I corrected after getting a stall warning. Whew. Messy, but I’ll take it:

I decided to do a couple more runs in that same storm system. Things went okay but for sure, that light of a plane made for a very bumpy ride.

Official post on hotfix 2 and other issues:

Sounds like at least one of the issues I was having is definitely being hotfixed, and hopefully some of the others.

Awesome to see them working through feedback. It’s also interesting to point out that we’re approaching one year since release (August 18th,) and that they are still actively adding and making changes to the game.

The development roadmap already extends into 2023 and there’s still a bunch of things which haven’t been given dates.

@Marchhare, congrats on being an official member of the MSFS Community Team, Chris!

What’s that actually mean for you? The ability to mute people who are being jerks on the official forums, paying side gig, managing official fly-in events, or… ?

Hotfix is up, it was a 200-odd MB download on Steam with nothing to download in-game.

It claims to fix live weather. I’m testing that right now…

How well does Neopad work in VR? I usually just pin my second monitor to the side of my view, but if it works well I might use Neopad instead, at least for short flights when I’m not going to be watching a video or something.

Weird. Just launched the Game Pass version and it did not prompt me to update.

Temps seem sane at the flight levels at last!

Now if only the DC-6 lights worked…