Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

That’s not a Steam Deck right? What is that thing?

ROG Ally - Basically a Steam Deck but running Windows and with a more powerful processor (at least if you give it more watts)

Gotcha. I’ve had ROG laptops before switching back to desktops this gen. No worries, now I understand the framerate. That’s not bad at all!

I do really love hopping back and forth over the sierras. Some shots of a hop from KMEV to KTVL.

Though the XCub can climb, at above 6000ft and fully laden it can be a challenge. Especially when you have a wall of mountains in front of you. So I don’t have to summit the peaks around Lake Tahoe I aim for that pass in front of me. A nice thing about Neofly is the incentive to set the plane’s load according to the jobs you’ve taken rather than fly everywhere in the default empty and light configuration where things are easy.

Coming over the pass.

Approaching KTVL. There’s kind of a mountain in the way of the pattern.

After that I tried an advertising mission in NeoFly for the first time. That was fun. You need to take off and then circle back and buzz the strip to pick up the banner then fly between a couple of points before heading back. You are given a steam gauge 152 for the mission.

Getting really antsy for AAU2 so I can jump into the 787 and really start getting to grips with Boeings.

It is pushed a week also. Boo.

I thought I was going to install it for laughs at the slideshow, and them immediately remove it.

Now I’ve ordered a 1TB SD card so I have room for a light install so I can get my fix when I’m away from my PC. :) No sense in bringing over my giant installation, and I hate flying with a controller, but I’ll keep it on the Ally for a while just to see how much I dabble with it when visiting my mom, etc.

Another mission type that unlocks when you gain ranks in NeoFly is taking medical personnel to a crash site.

Clearly this plane must have listened to the MSFS AI ATC instructions.

Uh, yeah. This is the landing I just flew at Heathrow. That’s a plane taking off from 27R as a Boeing and I are both cleared to land on 09L…

Yep! That’s why I was flying the Gatwick to Heathrow shuttle – was looking for a 182 I could rent. FSE picked up the 182 RG II as the correct plane, no .cfg editing etc required.

I think this is still considered VFR in England…

I stopped dabbling with MFS a long while back but I still pop in here occasionally to marvel at the screenshots. Awesome stuff, y’all!

Awesome, will pick it up next.

I admit, Neofly is everything a career add on should be, and it keeps adding more cool stuff. Nice pics!

TangoGolf has released a brilliant freeware recreation of the Bristol Type 188 “Flaming Pencil.” Available at Flightsim.to.

The Bristol 188 was an experimental aircraft that flew from 1960-1964. It was a stainless steel plane designed to test the effects of heating at high speeds, but it wasn’t fully successful because it didn’t carry enough fuel to maintain those speeds for long.

You can read the history on Wikipedia. and the BAe site. Coincidentally, the fastest speed it achieved was Mach 1.88.

This is a native MSFS aircraft, not a portover, with a nicely done cockpit and challenging handling. (The real plane took off at nearly 300 mph!)

it’s funny, I have found the default does a decent job of telling planes to hold short, go around, etc.

However, the AI just goes “lol. No.”

Picked up the 182 RGII, thanks for linking that @Editer

And a quick observation on that Bristol Type 188, the reflection on that mirrored finish is flipping amazing. Look at the various pics you posted of it on the ground, in the air but from below, and on the bank turn. All of those pics show an amazing reflection of what’s below the aircraft. The last pic especially was crazy to look at. I’ve seen screenshots before of things like mirrored prop covers in the game and the fisheye effect it does on those mirrored surfaces as well. They have an amazing graphics engine in the game, for sure.

France city update is out. Looking forward to flying under the Viaduc de Millau.

Beautiful!
My best memory from Château de Chenonceau was that my eldest brother (who was about 24 at the time, and I was 9) was wearing a really bright, flower filled hawaiian shirt, and he stepped over the guard railing in one of the rooms and there was a woman over the loudspeaker who immediately said something in French to him, addressing him as Mademoiselle. We had already been teasing him about his shirt, so that was just the best.

The Latecoure 631 is getting great buzz over the official forums for being just a beautiful model with some neat features. I was a little hesitant because I have a few other flying boats gathering dust, but then I realized that I had $10 in MS Points credit, and it’s only $9.99 with the 33% discount they’re giving Premium Deluxe owners, so… free flying boat!

I have an airplane collecting problem. At least it’s easier to manage space-wise than my model airplane collecting problem as a kid…

Yep. As much whining and griping as the folks on the official forum do about “How can you announce FS2024 when nothing works in 2020!!!”, the reality is that quirks aside, this engine/simulation is pretty freaking amazing. Just beautiful visual in the air and on the ground.

It has a Garmin?

French avionics are as advanced as their cooking!

Seriously, though, you can toggle it on and off. Really nice clipboard for setting up the tow boat, autostarting, disabling the Garmin, etc.

Opportune timing on that GAIST traffic passing by!

Still shots don’t capture it that well, but the engine startup is really well done, with smoke and flame effects during startup. That’s one of the few areas where MSFS in general hasn’t caught up with earlier sims, but obviously talented designers like Bluemesh can still make it happon!

She’s a beaut’, Clark!