Middle of War: Earth Shadow - aka Batman Mordor Knight 2

I’m getting the impression that the “game” (i.e. chained story bits with cutscenes) is 15 hours and easy enough that it really doesn’t make the player sweat much with building up their Orcs. The “post game” is a lot harder and all about playing in the sandbox of the Nemesis 2.0 and actually having to put time into fortress composition. I’m seeing the post game with its turned up Nemesis focus as the game itself. Others see it as a grind which I understand as that’s how I see games like Pokemon.

Look, if you guys are worried about the grind, they’ve helpfully provided a microtransaction system to help you save time. It’s totally up to you. They just put it there if you want it.

It’s completely by chance that their game was designed with a lot of busywork and gear churn.

Grindy end game content is hardly a new innovation in the genre, despite what the drama queens on GAF want people to believe. We’re not that far removed from people being mad when games like Fallout 3 just ended and didn’t let you back into the open world after the credits roll.

Why does that guy doing this video with Conan keep getting voice work? He Dinklaged his character in the latest Mass Effect and now it seems his annoying lisp is going to be Dinklaging up Shadow of War also. I’ve never seen him in any TV shows or Movies or whathaveyou, and he’s probably a good actor, but his voice is god awful. Not that it will matter too much if he’s just one enemy, I just don’t understand the casting choice.

He’s in Silicon Valley on HBO. I think both he and Conan agree with you on the voice over.

Wow that voice over was like the minimal effort.

Did you even watch? He explained pretty clearly that:

1. They asked him to use his own voice, and
  2. He wasn’t real thrilled with the outcome.

And how do y’all not know who Kumail Nanjiani is? Hell, he just hosted SNL. His movie, The Big Sick, is one of the most-praised films of 2017. And yes, he’s on Silicon Valley, but he’s also been doing comedy for years and been in…everything.

And he’s got authentic geek cred. His old podcast, The Indoor Kids, was pretty terrific and gaming centric.

I miss The Indoor Kids.

Oh good. ‘It could be worse’ is one of our game-purchasing criteria now.

If the voice of Dugz the Agonizer is the biggest problem in this game, that’ll be something magnficent.

(I think you guys are complaining about chipped paint on the deck railings of the Titanic at this point.)

It’s not a “could be worse” situation. It’s a “games have always had stuff like this to extend play time and people are singling out this game to tear down for any and every reason they can think of” despite the dozens of reviews from people who think it’s pretty great and that the loot boxes are not detrimental at all.

Better free up some space on the SSD.

Shadow of War PC file size is 97.7 GB and ~70 GB on consoles

https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/status/916390185151037440

I don’t know who Kumail Nanjiani is, until I imdb him after playing ME:A.

And honestly, I’ve never heard of the shows, movies or podcasts he appeared in.

You’re missing out on some good stuff then.

This ended up being an error. The real size is 65GB on PC.

Does the main character have super powers? How does he kill all those orcs and goblins?

No super powers, just very skilled with sword and bow.

The Ranger got at least one superpower. He cannot die (until that wraith releases him). It is all fan fic territory anyway…

If anyone is thinking of pre-ordering, GMG has all editions at 25% off, and an additional 15% off the regular and silver editions.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/pre-order-video-games/

Never seen such an aggressive pre-order discount from them before.

Damn, I only got 37 or 38% when I pre-ordered a few days ago. I want my 2/3% damnit!!!

I’m hoping for something similar for Battlefront 2. The boy wants that one real bad.