Missed RTS?

FYI I just ordered the original KOHAN+AHRIMANS+DISCIPLES via shop.com for $12.81 shipped.

Anyone know anything about Disciples? It comes with the package so it’s sort of a freebie. Probably read a review.

If I like Kohan I’ll hit up the sequel. :)

Disicples is neat, 2 moreso.

Just got Original war from Steam for 35c. Amazed to see it actually starts, knows what 1920 x 1200 is and has let me 2 mins into the first mission. The next gen starts 2 million years ago!

So did this thread :)

Paraworld*

</plug>

*You’re probably not going to find that one anywhere anymore though.

Yikes, $22 for even the cheapest used version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HWZYF2?cache=aac28ea12297ce17acc0c1e1397a9a6f&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1400415718&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Must be a bit rare. Decent reviews too.

From the Warlords series, which one to choose? 3 and 4 received soso reviews.

Warlords the turn based series (in which case the answer is 3: Darklord Rising) or Battlecry the real-time series (in which case the answer is 2)?

Tzar.

Actually, a ton of fun and they did expansions for the EU crowd.

Yup, fun game that I need to return to

And what? Expansions? I’ve never heard of any…

I don’t want to cause any craziness, but here it is: ..:: Tzar Anthology ::.. ..:: FXINTERACTIVE.COM ::..

I can’t find a way to buy it but there’s tons of expansions. It’s all in spanish though and the graphics engine is capped at 800x600 or something equally wretched.

sd

Holy crap whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! That’s insane!

No one brought this up… Icewind Dale.

What an odd necro.

It makes sense in context.

Maybe @roguefrog will tell us if he played Warlords Battlecry 2 and 3, and Kohan 1 and 2 since 2006. And Age of Empires 1 and 3.

I wouldn’t count Icewind Dale Legowarrior, since you collect most of your resources at the shop instead of harvesting it with a unit that you then forget about.

Many people would not count Icewind Dale, that’s true.

Still, it’s light on the RPG, and I original engine was designed for use with an RTS game.

Anyway, I am in the middle of another play through, this time on Hard. I don’t mind saying, my characters are good, but I have been forced to resort to using potions, and reloading the game at times

I played it on Normal with 2 friends, and none of us could survive without constantly drinking potions. I always save all my potions, but one of my friends got to the cave filled with ice giants and said “screw this”, and drank all his potions. He went brezerk and couldn’t control his character anymore and went around and slaughtered all the ice giants, and we followed behind him, picking up the loot. After that there was no stopping us. Icewind Dale’s potion shop was always our last stop before leaving town, where we usually cleaned it out between the three of us.

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Anyway, for context, I was catching up on other threads since I dropped off, and @roguefrog dropped a link to this one, so I followed up on it. And I am playing Icewind Dale.
And right before I left, I started a debate on whether Icewind Dale should be considered an RTS.

So, full circle!

And now @BrianRubin knows everything there is to know. You’re Welcome.

I’ve long since played Battlecry 2 and Kohan 1, and it’s standalone expansion (yes), as a direct outcome of this thread, and Kohan 2 sometime later. Easily over a decade ago now.

I played Age of Empires 3, but did not go back to Age of Empires 1 because the micro-chore of clicking on crop squares to refresh irritated me enough with AoE2. Besides, I greatly prefer Rise of Nations for it’s automation, flow income economy. It’s one of the best designs.

Icewind Dale is a CRPG. A particularly combat heavy one. I’ve already argued this and don’t really have much desire to do so again, especially in a different and older thread about something else. Thinking of it as an RTS is just plain wrong. This is all you @legowarrior.