MLB 2017 - A new weird reality

This was really nice for the fans:

Hooray, Detroit has an accomplishment! We’ll see what they try to pull off over the off-season, but I fully expect them to have a good shot at the #1 pick again for a couple more years.

My bad, there were two accomplishments by Detroit this year!

Love those super-utility guys!

Given the length of the baseball season, you’ve got to find some way of keeping things fresh. Especially when you are roughly 162 games out of first place. And your manager is already fired. And you’ve traded away half a billion dollars in salary in the past two months. At least you have to have some fun in that final game.

Playoff hyyyyyyyyyyype! As the local yahoos have been saying since May, it’s all house money this year, boys, so have some fun with it.

Anyone else watching this wild card game? It’s crazy. It was 3-3 after 1. Home runs, insane catches at the wall, starters melting down, obnoxious Yankees fans, and that was just the first inning.

Now it’s 4-4 in the bottom of the 3rd.

Fffffffffffffffffffff

Grgrgrgfddyjhhjkuyfgh

Yessss, burn through your bullpens. Let the matchups flow through you.

As you are a Minnesota fan, I generally have no rooting interest in seeing your teams win, but not tonight. Damn Yankees.

Stupid Yankees…I guess Judge is going to keep up this power thing for a bit.

I would hate Judge (and thus the Yankees) except for his being a product of my college. Now I find myself rooting for him because of his Fresno State connection.

Is there any other kind? I lived in NYC for a decade and I think it’s a legitimate question. ;)

Well, I think at one time Boston fans were seen as nice losers but since winning they have become pretty much as bad as Yankee fans. It doesn’t take long before a fan base feels entitled.

Compare the average Red Sox fan to the average Giant fan. The Red Sox fan feels like they should win every year, the average Giant fan, even after great success, still feels like it was a dream.

Gray getting touched up early, Greinke dealing. This one might be over soon.

Damn, I love the wild card games. Wasn’t a fan at first, and still not happy that the division series are only 5 games…you could probably make them 7 without the WC games taking up calendar space. Despite all that…the drama! Like having game 163 every year. Both games this year have been crazy fun, big leads lost, plenty of chances for comebacks. Too bad the Yankees won, but you can’t have everything.

This would be a fun game no matter when it was played. And these Snakes hitters are gonna give the Dodgers bullpen so many problems.

I still despise the 1 game format for the WC. I’d rather have a 3 game series or no 2nd WC at all.

I told a Red Sox fan friend that all it took was one WS win to instantly transform them from long-suffering to insufferable.

Past Fangraphs is fantastic.

Tee hee, Sale getting munched on.