MLB 2023: the Year The RSNs Broke

USA is in big trouble here in the 2nd. Merrill Kelly has loaded the bases (with help from Tim Anderson – playing out of position at 2b – not coming up with a tough play on a pop-fly into no man’s land). Colombia can bust it open.

Kelly is missing all his pitches arm-side, it seems.

(Kelly gets out of it. The Colombia lineup is maybe not as top-to-bottom scary as Mexico, or even perhaps Canada.)

So…they unleashed the crackin’?

Evergreen sentiment.

Ouch! I really do feel for Diaz and his teammates on the Puerto Rican team and the Mets. His brother Alexis was in tears afterwards, and Lindor looked absolutely shaken.

Hoping for the best, but it looked bad.

Seriously…This is the most Mets thing ever.

What’s really sad is that it isn’t like they were doing a super crazy celebration. They were bouncing a little, but no one was really jumping off the ground much, if at all. It’s like something just gave in his knee.

2-out single by Betts, wild pitch, RBI single by Trout. 1-0 USA.

I just saw the video. He’s done for the year for sure. I’m so fucking depressed. He’s legit the life of the team.

Jesus it’s not his knee. He broke his ankle. :(

Ugh. I thought I saw him grabbing at his knee. Ankle is rough.

That’s how they all knew instantly. This is horrible. Legit the worst person on the team to get hurt by far. Well obviously I’m guessing from the video. But he isn’t going to be around this season from the looks of it. Seriously… Seriously?

Yuck, that’s unfortunate.

Exactly the kind of excuse team’s needed to “discourage” their players from playing in the WBC in the future. I don’t think they’re thrilled about them playing in it as it is.

So, the question now becomes, will the combined payroll for Mets players on the IL at the start of the season exceed the total payroll of some teams? I wonder if I can find a sports book to take that bet.

It’s baseball. They can play 150+ games and nothing like this happens. It’s just bad luck. If it was football, hockey etc… Ya. But it’s just crap luck. It’s the Mets this is how they roll. He either has a broken ankle or a blown ALC. I think it’s his knee looking again, but either way he’s done for the year. I guess an ankle he might make a comeback, but ACL? Fuck man he will lucky to be back for the beginning of next season.

Not seeing anyone I’d trust saying that it’s Diaz’s ankle. Social media is saying it’s anything from a rolled ankle to a knee injury to an achilles.

If it’s a straight ankle injury, that’s honestly better than a knee, I think.

I’m leaning towards knee again, but I mean we’re all looking at the same 5 second video. Dude was the most amazing thing I ever saw last season. Hell one game I was in the outfield and they zoomed into me while he closed the game. Damn it. My wife yelled at me because I got super upset lol. I’ll live, but seriously can’t we at least try and start a season without depression? ;)

I saw in the one clip they had rolled his pants all the way up. So ya it’s the knee and that’s always the ALC. So see you next year… I would love to be wrong. So much…

It’s the knee. That’s bad.

Ya he’s done. I mean best case it’s a sprain. But when has it ever been a sprain? Like never?

Team USA trailing 2-1, and here in the 4th it’s Pete Alonso and Kyle Schwarber taking swings like they’re trying to hit it to Scottsdale. And they’re missing by a lot. Tim Anderson also swings like he’s in a home run derby and that’s the side being whiffed.

That’s how they roll. When they hit it goes far. When it doesn’t it looks really bad. Schwarber more then Pete though. :)