MLB The Show 19 - anyone?

Those moments look kinda hard. They’re probably not influenced by sliders?

Each one defaults to a certain difficulty level - doubt you can adjust it much beyond that though. They’re pretty generous with the gold players so far at least, so that helps improve your DD team to tackle them. I used my accumulated points to buy that Starter Pack for 15K which was pretty nice.

Look under the player that you can create. You have tasks to do for each position. I didn’t look into this until yesterday. I think that’s probably the best way to start out and collect some stuff.

So I just discovered you can exchange groups of players (10 outfielders) for a new pack. Do those players disappear from your general card stack? Or do they just become unavailable to sell? It’d be nice if I could use them for both the team collection and for getting packs of crabs.

If you exchange players or sell them then they’re gone from your inventory. It’s a way to convert lesser cards into better ones but it really takes a lot to make a difference.

When using cards for a collection reward, you just lose the ability to sell them but you keep the cards.

Are all these new features and modes you guys are talking about single player stuff?

Some of it is Diamond Dynasty (multiplayer and single player), and some of it is from RTTS (single player)

I pulled Edwin Diaz in a pack yesterday! :) He is f’n ridiculous in the game. The card odds are way better this year. I almost want to buy some before they nerf it.

I haven’t owned a copy of The Show since (… looks at shelf…) holy crap, '09. You guys are making me want to pick it up again this year, although I’d probably wait til it hits its first 50% off sale.

I don’t know. I got nothing but crap so far lol.

An entertaining thing: I made a RTTS SS because I never have. Got drafted by the Orioles. Was called up from AA to MLB 3 weeks into the season. Played 10-11 games, have the best BA, most RBI’s and highest OPS on the team, lost all of them. My dude is still in the 50’s in stats, you know. '19 really hates the O’s.

I need a few cheap players for DD if anyone can help out.

• A catcher with good contact and a strong throwing arm.
  • A few decent pitchers.
  • A few batters with good contact.

I don’t have a lot of points to spend but I do have some. Seems like once upon a time there was a place you could find a database with this kind of info, but I have no idea where to look.

There’s a searchable database at http://daddyleagues.com/dd/19/players.

Awesome thanks!

Benito Santiago is a great catcher who you can buy for cheap on the market. Good hitting and great defense. Having him and Keith Hernandez in my line makes me the happy.

They patched in the opening day rosters for March to October. Now I can go through and try it again. :) Of course now I’ll just be angry that Alonso isn’t rated high enough. :)

Has anyone who plays The Show also played Super Mega Baseball on the PC? How does the actual act of hitting pitching and running compare. Super Mega Baseball is pretty simple, but quite fun. Everything about the players and teams is fictional but when I get the difficult setting right it feels like baseball.

Not remotely similar in any way.

I messed up. My user ID for uplay is “japinard”. So if you tried to add me before as just jpinard it wasn’t me lol.

I used to play High Heat Baseball religiously.

Have not played any baseball games since but picked this up yesterday and couldn’t stop playing last night. Of course, will take a long time to get average at hitting but i love it.