Modern Warfare II 2022

Eh, I’m thinking stuff like Squad or the free Warzone sorts of things. I don’t play on a controller and I’m not hardcore so a little goes a long way. But I guess there has to be some reason they can get away with their pricing, and if it’s because the game is technically really good I guess that at least is better than some other alternatives.

m/kb on a good pc definitely has a lot more options, but a lot of the time even games that are really solid on m/kb are crap with a gamepad or on console in general. Shatterline and Super People are good examples. Games play very well and smooth m/kb, but almost unplayable with a gamepad. Hoping they can tighten it up before console launch of Shatterline.

Don’t get me wrong; I liked the free weekend Invasion stuff I played. I just can’t see spending seventy bucks on this. On sale maybe? Sure.

Yes, I would not spend that much either if it wasn’t for the kid. We end up playing a lot together, against each other, etc. So, $70 for another year of coop and PVP fun with my kid is the only reason I buy these COD games.

I really enjoy the multiplayer, especially in Modern Warfare. It just hits perfectly for me. It’s more tactical than the other settings and the gadgetry is more fun to use.

It also is damn near vital to have the main line release if you want to level guns quickly for use in the Warzone. Now, with Warzone 2.0 we may not have as much requirement for that, but I still just enjoy the gameplay enough that it’s a nice supplement to WZ and I suppose maybe DMZ if that turns out to be a good time too.

I’m up to El Sin Nombre in the campaign and I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’m definitely a fan of the likes of Soap, Gaz, Ghost, and of course Price. They’re way more serious than the likes of Woods from Cold War, but that’s part of the appeal of this game over the others. The Cold War campaign was better than what I’ve played so far here, and nothing is as good as Infinite Warfare, but it’s definitely a worthwhile play through, especially as we wait for multiplayer to get here.

I’m excited for Warzone 2 and the DMZ mode also. So much gameplay with these releases.

I shall get this at the weekend, I get plenty of hours gaming out of it. I much prefer the modern setting and enjoy leveling the weapons. The multiplayer is just so much better than other games no matter how hard I try to find other options.

£60 is not cheap but i have over 1,000 games on Steam alone without the other services on top. The price on 1 game is insignificant to how much I spend on my main hobby. Also GamePass helps as there are so many games I would have bought that are on it. Persona 5 would have been a day 1 purchase as well but no need now.

There really aren’t many options for Team Deathmatch anymore. CoD is where it’s at for that, and in this particular game, based on the beta, the objective modes are absolutely fantastic. I will be playing a lot of Search & Destroy and Knock Out.

So Warzone 2 and DMZ are coming a couple weeks after launch? Did the bigger battlefield-ish mode go away after MW (I think?) ?

Tempted to jump in, even though I always tell myself this is the last time, because I end up never playing enough.

Ground War and Ground War Invasion are the 32v32 modes this time around. I think GWI was introduced as 20v20 with bots in the Beta. These are the “Battlefield-ish” modes. I thought they played better than they did in MW2019, but I also think they need to experiment with linked points in the way Frontlines: Fuel of War did to minimize the point hopping where everyone tries to conquer the points closest to the other team’s spawn first. Give me a more Operations-like mode plz Infinity Ward.

If you do play, I highly recommend Knock Out. It’s a 6v6 with one life but you can be revived by teammates Warzone-style. The goal is to eliminate the entire team or be holding the cash bag when time runs out. Good times.

WZ2.0 and DMZ are in November.

I saw Epic had 50% for BF2042, so I finally ended up picking that back up since my ea play lapsed back in the summer.

I still haven’t done anything about that. EA Play Pro was a fail for me. Won’t do that again. I almost bought 2042 on PS5 when Amazon had it for like $20 recently but then I’d have had to keep the disc in the machine and I just didn’t want to deal with that for that game specifically, especially knowing the MWII was on the way and would likely eat all my FPS time anyway.

I’m sure at some point I’ll get 2042, but it will be super cheap and it will be digital only or the barrier to playing it will be too high.

I’ve also been tempted to grab the X box Series X deal, where you buy it along with game pass ultimate paying $34.99 over a period of 24 months now that they seem to be in decent stock.

No matter which of the current consoles you buy, PS5 or Series X, the one thing you’ll enjoy the most is a lack of cheaters, especially in games with no crossplay. This one may have it, but because you’ll be a controller player, you’ll see much less of it. Ricochet has worked pretty well in Warzone.

For the Battlefield games specifically, if you’re not burned out on BF1 and BFV, they are brilliant on consoles. No cheaters at all. It’s heavenly.

I play on XBSeX and turn crossplay off when possible. Warzone, Ground War and probably DMZ force it on though.

I really haven’t encountered hackers since they turned on Ricochet in Warzone. Very few suspect players. That was a game changer.

There were definitely some in the Beta for MWII, but they also weren’t running Ricochet in the Beta. I expect things will be pretty good tomorrow when the rest of the game goes live.

playing and streaming it now. having a good time. New Zealand is nice this time of year

I find myself saying the same thing as at the dawn of COD - 20 bucks for the campaign would be great, but it is not to be…

I think CoD is in the unique position where they could easily split it all up and monetize each thing on it’s own. Zombie mode, Campaign, Spec Ops, Multiplayer, these could all be $20-30 games or in a big bundle for $80 and people would deal better than currently.

They could, but I think that removes the value in the $70 price for them because they know we’ll all pay that amount and just see it as getting a whole bunch of game types for one price.

I’ve got two campaign missions left to go. It’s been good. Alain Mesa is tremendously entertaining as Alejandro. Probably my favorite CoD campaign character since the original Task Force 141 guys. I thought his forehead was pretty out there until I saw his headshot…

That’s definitely him in the game!