Monster Hunter World!!!!!

I didn’t see anything in the ps store when I looked.

You access it through the game (in the options menu), which opens a window to the store.

I can’t launch the game for 4 more hours

Damn! I guess we got it unlocked a bit early here! Thought it was a global release.

Once it unlocks, you also need to reach the bit in the game where ‘online’ opens up I think (which isn’t far in), so not sure it’s accessible immediately. The free items are available until 8 Feb.

I’ll be playing this weekend and ready for you to teach me the ways, @merryprankster!

Sounds good. I expect to be playing heaps of MonHun this weekend. :)

Looks like it actually unlocks tonight here at 9 but I can’t enter my GMG key until that time. So no pre-load for me unfortunately. Maybe it’ll download in time for a few minutes before bed.

5 minutes in and a hearty FUCK YOU to Capcom and every other developer that doesn’t immediately let you invert the vertical view. It’s an option that should be in the main menu, before you start the game.

EDIT - it does let you change it once you’re past the first part of the intro but it’s really annoying that they make you wait.

So, it’s still Monster Hunter, and yeah it’s pretty awesome! The changes all seem for the better and overall pretty slick.

Even though I disliked the scout flies in the beta, I can appreciate the system itself now and how it ties into unlocking monster info, and gaining research points (I still think the effect itself is heavy-handed).

One effect of that is a monster’s break points/vulnerabilites/item drops are in-game now, when you research enough! No more looking up charts online. Same goes for the weapon trees when crafting. It’s quite nice.

One big change I didn’t see talked about much before, is how you can now change your equipment in the field, as well as access quest counter and canteen!

Also like the way the new bug net works; how you just catch bugs lying around and have to aim and fire the net to trap smaller wildlife. Unlimited picks and whetstones. Auto-crafting. Recipe pinning. All great.

Oh and the time limits have all been 50 minutes so far, no danger of running out. And Expeditions are back! They have no time limit and no fail state, so you can explore as much as you want.

So far so good!

Well Amazon emailed me to say it was delaying my order until Monday, so I cancelled and will have to visit one of those bricks and mortar places…

Had enough time to create a character and view a intro video.

Strongly looking forward to do my part in the hunt.

My palico is called Sancho Pawza and my character is a blood eyes moon elf style ancient women.

All that sounds absolutely wonderful. How I wish I had a PS4 right now…

Oh well. It will make it eventually to PC, so I guess I get to play the waiting game! ;)

I own a Monster Hunter game on 3DS but I never got anywhere with it because the controls are terrible.

I just picked this one up in order to scratch an itch I’ve had to play MH ever since.

Only a 13 gig download on my Xbox One, pretty quaint compared to some of these 100gb bastards in the last couple years.

This better be good or I’ll throw a tantrum.

Digging the new ‘swole’ chef! ;)

click...

The map is cool; once you’ve scouted a resource node it gets marked there, and includes a cooldown timer showing when it restocks!

Map Q: does anyone know what the number attached to the moving large monster icons denotes?

X1 code 10% off at Newegg code EMCXERV53

I bought the PS4 version cause I couldn’t find an X1 code on any discount. Anyone seen a comparison between the two?

Merryprankster Official Review

Monster Hunter World: Better than sex.

I made my little cat pet look like my cat claudia, and in the character creation was testing her meow.
My other cat, Max, stood up real tall and was freaked out.

I need to mute this thread for the next 8 months until the PC version is ready. I mean I have a PS4 but I’d much rather play it on PC and reward capcom for spending the time to do a port right (presumably).

How’s the framerate on a non-Pro? It seemed really jerky in the first beta.

I’m in with a new ps4 slim, so I’ll let you know how it plays on a non-pro.

I know there’s a spreadsheet with gamertags in the pinned intro thread, but I don’t seem to be able to update it with my brand new ps4 info. Is there another place besides that spreadsheet where we keep track of tags?