Monster Hunter World!!!!!

My wife is leaving tomorrow for a while to take care of her mom. While I will miss her, it does mean I have free reign of the TV when this comes out! Getting it on Xbox 1, with the Xbox1X I have been getting most multiplatform games on this new box.

Getting it on XB1 here as well.

I’ll have it on XB1x

I see that GMG has the regular and deluxe for PS4 as a CODE for 10% off. Any retailers have X1 codes for discount???

So is the pre-load really the same size as the beta or is there going to be a huge download tomorrow? I am downloading the “full game” one from PSN that has the timer for release, but it’s only 6.9 gigs.

Review embargo is over:

No Polygon review yet, but here’s a bunch of others:

Mine’s 14.3GB installed.

I heard there’s an 850MB “day one” patch, which is now only a few hours away! Right around when I’ll be going to bed… looking forward to tomorrow morning though. :)

edit: yep, 813MB patch 1.02 downloading now

I am the most dumb person that will play this game. Ask me questions.

So, this looks like a ton of fun in the streams, but it’s not coming out for pc until fall at earliest, and will not ever be on the one console I have, switch, so I’m left with the dilemma of xbox vs playstation and I have no idea which would be better for someone who has never owned either of them. I appreciate any pros and cons to help me with this problem. Oh, and any ways to convince my wife that we need a second console would also be welcome :)

This is reviewing really well. I think I’m going to end up getting it.

Any word on the pc release? Reviews look great, but PC is my platform unless they released this for IOS (one could dream)

‘Autumn 2018’ is what Ive seen.

If you have a capable gaming PC already I’d go Playstation for the exclusives – most of the big Xbox titles going forward are going to be on the Windows 10 store as well. I like the Gematsu lists to get an idea of what exclusives you may be interested in (and if it turns out the answer is none of them there’s a compelling case to get an XboneX as the most powerful console on the market).

I can’t help you with the wife situation. :)

Get the PS4 over the Xbox. You can get Horizon Zero Dawn (QT3 game of 2017), Bloodborne, the new God of War, Uncharted, Yakuza 0 etc. that way.

Thanks guys. PS4 does make sense since I’ve got a good gaming pc and xbox games should eventually come out on pc, if not right at release. Now, how to smuggle it into the house so that my wife and kids don’t find it…

モンハン is trending on Twitter right now - “monhan”. A.k.a, Monster Hunter.

Of course, I’ll have to wait until the PC version comes out. Bummer.

This may turn out to be a pretty great MMO for me - no levels, only gear progression, which helps fix the whole ‘i can’t play with my friends cause they’re 5 levels ahead of me’ thing. Now, it may turn out that gear is the same thing as levels, but it looks really promising.

You choose your quests based on difficulty vs rewards. There’s lots of crafting, easy grouping with friends and strangers, the combat is as challenging as you want to make it, and it oozes character. Also appears to be able to make some progress in relatively short sessions for the moms, dads, and otherwise free time challenged folks out there.

Just want to say I picked PS4 myself for this reason. I am a PC gamer. I figured PS4 would open up more games that I don’t already have access to.

Some really fun friends of mine will be streaming this later on tonight over here:

If anyone wants to see the game in action they’ll show it off. They do a lot of streaming of other stuff too.

So turns out the business model in lieu of loot boxes and in-game currencies is just cosmetic items you directly purchase from PS Store, like gestures, hairstyles, tattoos, stickers and costumes.

Make sure to get your free gesture pack and hairstyles while still available - ‘prance’ is back baby!