Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Oh I did the same thing. With the exception of one monster so far, I’ve played every Quest solo first to make sure I can do it before I join others. Qirin is something i have to try again it seems.

The thing is though, my PC experience will be different. I have a regular gaming group on that platform. We’ll want to play the “whole thing” together, and MHW just isn’t set-up that easily for a group to just play the game together. I wish they had that as an option. Now on the other hand, this has been the most painless experience I have ever had with random pickup groups… ever.

Started getting in on the Great Sword. Just got to high rank. Hasn’t been too difficult a transition. Had my ass handed to me by the Rathian, but I changed up my gear and went with the longsword and did it without fainting.

Cutting the tail off helps so much, and it is super easy with the longsword. The great sword is so satisfying though, when you get that charged finisher off, and you can chain staggers,… perfection.

Apparently my life is somewhat complete now, I finally got my Anjanth Gem, it was a royal pain in the ass to get, probably around 20+ quests trying to get it, but I have my Aloy armor now so I can go back to 3-5 hours a week instead of 3 hours a night again.

Those 20+ quests did tell me that I don’t think I am terrible at this game, still, even in the High Rank environment. I watch people feint around me over and over again, and I can hold my own until they get back or even get myself in the top 4 whatevers now and then.

At this point, I am doing most quest multiplayer because I feel pretty solid not to be the weakest link in the group anymore except against one… critter, the static unicorn. I need to try that one again.

The live stream detailing next week’s first major update apparently starts in 10 minutes:

Yeah, Kirin is a real pain. I’ve had to kill enough of thunderbutt at this point that I am used to it, but it’s still a hassle. I definitely suggest the Thunder Mantle and three anti-para gems.

Yeah I’ll give it another go with different gear. I am getting better with tools in general now. It also looks like SA is getting some mild buffs with the update which will be nice (mostly around the discharge actions which I guess they call zero-sum)

Maybe one day I’ll get an Anjanath Gem so I can craft Aloy. I spent like six hours last week grinding low rank Anja’s because I needed a few more regular fangs to get my bone longsword up the fire tree.

The event ends tomorrow. That’s why I kind of just sat down to do it. I got mine via an investigation which is what they recommended. It takes a couple of run throughs to get the little paper thing, commendation, but in theory you could be lucky to get it there two if you break the right parts. There were a lot of those events posted too but the investigations, single… well I actually don’t understand why I have some investigations and not others.

I’ve got all the papers. From my understanding I should be able to craft the set at any time as soon as I find a gem. Based on the fact the Watcher palico option never went away for me, anyway.

I picked up an Anja gem on my 7th or so quest trying to get one. Then I got a 2nd one on the next mission after that. Random number fun! Made it past the pink rathian right after that so I finally made some progress after a long break.

You can get a Gem of any monster you want by doing all 3 weekly bounties. You can trade in the gold print for one of your choice. Not sure if there’s any other way to get a gold print.

Here’s the blog post with update details for March 22:

Some nice stuff. Not sure it’s going to make me come back without some kind of change to the tempered monster setup, though. Might just let a few updates accumulate and think about it then.

The third bounty never shows for me. It’s just question marks. I usually get the other two done, by chance, but that third one never looks like an option.

You’re not ranked high enough yet.

Are you @Brad_Grenz. I got the impression you weren’t, but maybe you’re farming low rank just to farm.

Sorry Nesrie, I might be totally missing whatever point or joke you’re trying to make :) No snark intended, play at whatever pace you want.

This was just a genuine attempt to convey that you need to reach a certain Hunter Rank before the third bounty unlocks. (My guess is that the threshold is reaching High Rank, but can’t swear that’s true).

The current limited bounty is higher level than I am, at least for the 3rd part. I think I’m HR 12 now, or whatever gives me the ability to do the 7 star quests.

No snark. They were just saying how easy it would be to get the Gem, but it wasn’t easy for me. The option pitched is simply not available. I got the impression there were others around my Rank too. I just entered High Rank and the Aloy quest is High Rank, just barely.

Oh and it’s not like it tells me why I can’t see the quest so I could be 1 rank off or 10. II just don’t know. I haven’t seen them all, yet.

If you’ve reached High Rank, I think you’re going to get the third bounty on the next refresh.

I reached high rank on Saturday I think. At the time I thought I only need a handful of hours to get what I needed for that event. Then after my first dozen attempts, I read online to do the investigations for a better chance at the gem. I’ll be doing Pink Rathian soon.

I really have no complaints at my pacing, I just wish the events were a little longer It took me a bit to get to High Rank. It had been almost 1 per big new monster but right around 9 or 10, I wound up doing 2 and didn’t get a Rank, those jerks.

Also, I hate the Zorah quests, but I feel like I have to do them since they’re a role and only show for 2 quests. When I post that one, I always get the full group in couple of minutes.

I have no idea how to see these Aloy quests, turns out it’s a PS4 thing, oops. I guess I can never exchange guild cards and team up with Neserie now, which is too bad, because I just discovered I can see other player’s Palicos in my world now that I’ve done some multiplayer co-op.

Thanks to event quests, I did make some sunglasses though, so that’s cool.