Monster Hunter World!!!!!

That happened to me for the first time the other day, the first time I did a high rank expedition. I assumed that it therefore must happen only in high ranks.

I just unlocked high rank stuff, and now I have a quest to kill a high rank Anjanath. That’s going to suck. I stopped using twin blades and started using the switch axe, and it’s a lot more fun.

That is my only weapon right now… and god as things get expensive, and they really are my bank account says I am going to have to reduce my selection a lot soon.

I cut my teeth on Anjanth to get my silly Aloy armor. Played him 2+ times easy. I got really good at him for a bit, but even the best get taken out by the blast. I still try not to run into him when I don’t want to fight him, and i’ve got a lot more power now.

I’ve been dropped halfway, part way a few times but this was the first time it was basically on top of a large monster. I barely had enough stamina to get away.

The early dropoff crap is really annoying and essentially just a time sink. Early drop off, use fast travel to go to camp, start quest, etc. I guess the only time it really matters is if you get dropped off on top of a monster like that. Otherwise it’s just an added step to get to the camp for some reason.

I don’t really understand the point of this feature. Is it to through you off, just introduce some random element that… does nothing?

And yeah, I usually just grumbled and took myself to the nearest camp but that was the first time i wound up under someone’s giant legs like that. And it was only the second time I encountered him. I’ve seen him a few times since throw Diablos around like a rag doll and he did some impressive with work blue fire frog guy too.

I think it’s a legacy mechanic from before fast travel that they forgot to remove. In older versions, it made some sense (although still irritating) since you needed to either get to a camp without engaging or just ignore the free items. In this game 99% of the time you press fast travel and go where it should have put you in the first place.

I cannot kill the Pink Himilayan Rathian. It’s like I’ve hit a brick wall. So frustrating. Not only does he hit like a truck, he’s fast and he attracts every other monster on the map. I’ve had to deal with a Legiana, a Tzatziki, and an Odogaron in addition to the already-difficult monster.

Dung pods are your friend. Your very best friend, sometimes. Bring as many as you can carry. Also bring a full stack of dung so you can make more dung pods out in the field if necessary.

If you are playing on PS4 and want a push through feel free to message me and I’ll give you a hand.

Otherwise, I’d echo the dung pod recomendation. Also be sure you have the armor charm and power charm in your inventory if they are available yet, that will give you a noce little boost to attack and defense.

I managed to make it happen!

Last night, I gave it another shot with my focus on just not dying instead of actually trying to do damage. I went almost the entire 50 minutes before getting carted the third time. Today, I tried again, and while it wasn’t clean, I did kill him (captured him, actually) in 25ish minutes.

I’m guessing they don’t get any easier though, haha.

They do get markedly easier after more upgrades.

Managed to take down the final boss this morning. Was easier than I thought it’d be though I still carted twice.

So I kind of surprised my nephew this weekend by talking about this game while when we went out to pizza. I kind of told him before I play MHW, but I don’t think he believed me. So we talked about the dog with an attitude and how I hate carrying around bleeding fixes because he’s on a few maps on High Rank now. I also shared my favorite tool for my Palico, plunderblade because who doesn’t like extra stuff, and it turns out little sister’s fiance and nephew never got any new tools, or I guess they call them gadgets. They’re like me, don’t really look up wiki’s unless something kind of guides them there and the Palico tribe thing is easiesh to miss in game … So I explained my experience with all of them, how to get them, except the last one which I don’t have yet… then my little sister asked if we were done “nerding out,” so we shifted the conversation back to morel hunting.

I’m not sure what my nephew thinks I play, but clearly he thought i was just adding MHW as side comment instead of someone who really likes it. I am a situational gamer though so I have to feel rested and ready for uninterrupted game time for this game, so I only get a few hours a week… they’re at my rank in just a third of the time which is also the reason I don’t often game with ongoing groups… always get left behind.

I saw the spring update notifications, but I’m having a hard time coming back to MHW because i know how obsessed I get with it (and games like it), and I’d like to clear my backlog a bit before jumpingn back in for an additional 100 hours.

I kind of stop playing a while back, as I’d had enough of the experience to tide me over until the PC release arrives.

I’ve been off the MH:W wagon for a couple of months (except for a couple of Deviljho hunts when that was around). The events haven’t really done it for me. But that should change this weekend. The 3.0.0 update looks great (new area, new elder dragon, better drop rates for decorations and augs, and some badly needed quality of life fixes). And then there’s this very bizarre looking limited-time mode called “siege”, which seems to drop weapons with randomized stats?!

Well that looks like a feather fan and my Palic has to have that!

I also mostly missed the Spring event due to other games and general stuff. I wish the events would just be… longer.

Oh I forgot about this:

You can now sell all Trade-in Items at once when selling items.

There is zero reason not to do this. Slightly funny story, I was going completely broke and not figuring out how I was supposed to maintain full armor and different version of the SA and certainly not how to pick up a second weapon when I realized I had to sell my Trade-Ins. I honestly though they just… I don’t know, cashed themselves in when I was done with the quest because… they seem pointless to hold.

The Siege thing sounds like it might be cool, I hope that Squad squad can field a team for it. :)

7.9 million units sold! PC version coming this fall!

This is not about Monster Hunter World, but since we were talking about this in this thread somewhere (I think)…

I can’t believe it. Monster Hunter XX is coming to the west. Release date: August 28. My Switch is ready!

Isn’t this the bigger game? Why would they put that on the Switch? No offense to the Nintendo fans and not trying to take anything away, just curious.

Speaking of MHW. I missed out entirely on the last event. I haven’t played in a few weeks, not due to lack of interest but lack of solo game time. My group has been around, so we are playing other things.