Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Having this kind of game on the switch is very cool.

It’s an update of the 3DS game. Monster Hunter XX released last summer on 3DS and Switch in Japan. It just needed localization. It has a lot more monsters than World. From a post at Resetera…

Monster Hunter World:
Small Monsters: 18
Large Monsters: 31
Total Monsters: 49

Monster Hunter Generations:
Small Monsters: 34
Large Monsters: 73
Total Monsters: 107

Monster Hunter XX (Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate):
Small Monsters: 36
Large Monsters: 93
Total Monsters: 129

Oh this makes more sense that they put it on the Switch then. I’ll have to add it to a potential gift list for someone I know who loves MHW but also has a Switch.

This is amazing. Glad I resisted importing XX! :D

Do you want a Monster Hunter movie? If so, you’re in luck.

Milla Jovovich, Capcom’s leading lady for the Resident Evil movies, will star in the upcoming film adaptation of Monster Hunter, Variety reports. The flick will be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, who directed four of the six Resident Evil films, as well as 1995’s unforgettable Mortal Kombat.

I can’t wait to see her Multipass the shit out of weird mutant dinosaurs. I hope she wields an Insect Glaive as her primary weapon. I wonder who they’ll get to voice her Palico.

Aug 9th for Steam version.

Ugh, I wish I could play it again for the very first time. My GOTY so far.

I’ve already started my campaign calls to the people in my gaming group that might have an interest. I didn’t pay 60 for PS4 though, so I need to find a sale.

Well, I’m planning on buying it. Just saying. ;)

so exciting. cant wait for pc. took way too long here.

SOLD!

I’m probably buying this again on PC, aren’t I?

Hell yeah! Played on PS4 but I’ve been waiting for this.

edit: seems to have some reasonable gfx options, hinting at non-slapdash port:

expand for pics

I don’t think I will double dip from the PS4.

But, the PC version will probably not have the noticeable slowdown and FPS drops in the PS4 version.

This game is gorgeous. Also, it basically makes Monster Hunter accessible to new players. If you haven’t played the franchise ever, I would pick it up, if you are into animation-based combat styles and loot collecting.

I had never played a Monster Hunter before, but I really got into this game. So good.

Given that the PS4 Pro really solved this I am sure the PC will be fine. (I upgraded to Pro while I was playing and noticed signifigant framerate improvements, especially regarding slowdown)

Those jerks put Denuvo on this.

Well, it’s Capcom. You can’t expect them not to be shitheads.

I don’t have to set my bar low just because some of them figure out how to go lower and lower each year. It makes no damn sense for this kind of game. Most will want to be on those official servers. Ugh.

Don’t know if everyone got these, but Greenman sent a 7% discount voucher for extra savings on top of the 18% off they currently have on Monster Hunter World.

Here's mine if anyone wants it

065EMJ-6SWNCO-RM5PB5

James: On a PC with an i7-7700HQ, a GTX 1070, and 16GB RAM, I get something like 45 fps on average with some five-frame dips during combat on the ‘highest’ preset at 1920x1080. It runs smoothly, though I’d expect a higher framerate if my measly PS4 Pro spits out comparable graphics. Worse, at random intervals during combat, the screen will freeze half a second or so before resuming a steady framerate. This only occurs on the ‘highest’ preset for me, with no issues on the ‘high’ or ‘mid’ presets so far.

Tom: I’ve been playing on medium settings at 1920x1080 borderless windowed on a machine with a GTX 970, Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz CPU (which is an older CPU and below the minimum spec) and 16GB of RAM. At low-intensity moments the game can exceed 60 frames per second, and during a hunt or two in the first area it hovered between 40 and 50, but the big problem so far has been consistency of performance.

On my PC the game regularly stutters and sometimes pauses for five our more seconds at a time. The issue was pronounced enough to cause the audio to go out of sync with the visuals in the opening cutscenes. In the middle of a fight these pauses seriously disrupt the action. Those with older CPUs like the 2500K will likely need a substantial overclock to get smoother performance.

If you’re on weaker hardware, to get steadier performance at 60 you can turn on variable resolution. Unfortunately this looks horrible and the sudden drops in fidelity really aren’t worth it.