Monsters' Den: Godfall - now on Kickstarter!

This is coming out on the 6th of July, according to his Kickstarter update :-)

I’m still here! The game is indeed coming out this week, on the 6th July as Razgon notes.

The game will be $14.99 USD (before 10% launch discount).

Late backers pushed the total over the threshold for the surface dungeons goal, so they are in the game. The other stretch goal, the Adventure mode, will be coming soon after release in a free update.

super excited for the release. Looking forward to streaming some of it. I think you’ve done some amazing work Garin.

Love the series! Insta-buy for me, shame I didn’t know about the KS!

That’s cool. Glad to hear it.

Don’t know if this is something I will grab right away, since I just started Divinity: Original Sin, but it looks great and I’ve got it on my steam wishlist.

Here’s the Steam link to Monsters Den : Godfall. Still shows as “Coming Soon”, but while it’s already Friday where @garin resides (yes, he’s from the future), who knows how Steam handles such intricacies, or if they will delay the U.S. release date for some reason only known to the Gabinati.

In any event, very excited to get my Kickstarter key and start playing soon. Thank you, Dan, for all the work you’ve put into this and all the other Monsters’ Den games over the years.

He said that, due to such intricacies, it will be out at 6PM PST today. So, just about another 3 hours from now.

It’s out. Now I just need my key.

Backer keys have gone out now. Let me know if you still haven’t got yours.

Check your spam folders, Gmail dumped mine there.

Bought!

Was unfamiliar with this series but I decided to buy it anyway after seeing this thread. I am in the mood for a dungeon crawl and spent less than $5 during the Steam sale, so why not? All this stuff I’m saying below might be common knowledge, but, again, I knew nothing of this game a few hours ago.

I made it through the first quest after creating my company and am liking it. The combat is quick and satisfying so there’s no spending 5-10 minutes on trash mobs. It can be brutal too. I had the same character die two or three times during that first dungeon, but it does not look like there’s permadeath—I just healed using the supplies and he was back on his feet. However, I can see running out of healing supplies becoming an issue in longer dungeons, forcing you to consider either turning back or face a potential party wipe.

My favorite thing about this game so far is how you can sell items from the loot screen while in the dungeon. It might seem minor, but it reduces so much tedium in not having to travel back to a village just to sell stuff cluttering your inventory screen, not to mention having to remember which items you wanted to sell and which ones you were wanting to keep. Here, I can simply look at an item, decide I do not need it, and sell it then and there. Honestly, loot-and-sell fatigue is one of the reason I do not bother with RPGs much and this is such a simple solution to that problem that I think it should be standard on all games of the genre.

I’m looking forward to having more time to delve into it this weekend. Especially since, having done the introductory dungeon, I can go back to my keep and start exploring the world. It looks like there’s a main story that unravels as you play the game, but it seems pretty open otherwise.

I only wish there was a spider logo that I could place in the center of the web icon when creating your company’s banner (I think there’s a spider, but it’s just eyes and fangs). Very minor complaint though.

None for me yet! :( I’ll PM you with my KS email addy if you wouldn’t mind checking!

Cheers!

I haven’t played the series either, but was watching a video the developer made, and I think he will be very pleased you like it. It was clearly something a lot of effort went into and that he was quite proud of. Iirc, you can also equip items directly from there too. But it was a very deliberate design decision to make those screens look alike and work that way, for just the reasons you mention.

Hi @garin - I would have PM’ed you, but wasn’t sure whether you got any notifications here with that, but I did see you have been defeinitely summoned through your name here, so thats why I decided to do it this way.

I’m a happy (Albeit somewhat impatient at times, sorry about that!) backer to Monsters Den: Godfall, and my game just updated last night to what I assume is the final version, since I was in the beta.
Today I got an email though, with a steam key for the game - I assume this is the exact same version of the game as I have now? If so, I’ll be happy to shred the email with the extra key, since I really don’t want to deprive you of your hard earned reward for making this wonderful game!

Let me know if I’m wrong, and the key is for a final game, that my current beta game does not update to!
Thanks!

/Razgon

Your beta key carries over into retail. For most of the beta testers, the key sent in the current round of emails will be the same as your beta key, so it’s not necessarily an extra copy.

If you have the game in your library already you don’t need to do anything, it won’t go anywhere.

Ah - nice to know, thanks!

@Garin, could you add a confirm button when adding points to statistics and skills?

In Book of Dead the Cleric class can resurrect/revive dead characters, even during a battle. I that not in this one?

Just got the email with my key this morning. Can’t wait to get in and play, TGIF!