MOO III at GDR: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Great review, as usual for Brett. ;) Thos Gorillian fellow, or whatever, really needs to lighten up and take his peter out of Quicksilver’s cornhole. ;)

Where does one sign up for such a class, I wonder? I’m looking to take a class on Elvish History, or possibly Politics of the Cylon Empire.

It’s pretty disgusting Ben. Baltar apparently slept his way to the top. Did you ever get a look at that Imperious Leader fella? Ewww. He not only betrayed his species, he betrayed nature itself.

On another note, the Darloks really enjoy a nice wine and a good game of tetherball

This is my favorite bit. Yay! A class in future history! History of the Galactic Emperors. Or even: “Tomorrow’s History Today!”[/quote]

Is he related to Hari Seldon?

Or maybe he thinks Heinlein’s Future History is a textbook?

:lol:

As ever,

Loyd Case

Mark Asher, do you know histroy?

When M_O_O_3 is recagnized as the geatest starategy game made, you will thank it for the new ideas it makes for new games, all kinds.

It is time for all you people to put up or shut down. Deafeat the game on the hardest lvl, or admit deafeat yourselfs. You will not listen, you just want to play and play with your gun toys in america. Thinking is the most recagnized way to win, histroy has proofed it.

Whoa, I’d better buy up stock in Kool-Aid, because there’s gonna be a market spike here in a couple days.

Maybe. But one thing is certain: Between put down and shut up, I know where you stand.

What in the name of Liberace is histroy?

What in the name of Liberace is histroy?[/quote]

Troy. Wasn’t it the place that had the big wooden thing? Like this D00dz head.

Hey if your are for REAL tyhen post a M003 startagy guide… liek this guy

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113449

Well, Droopy Rump reaction noted. Let’s see who’s next…

Link to his post, Skinner?

–Dave

http://forum.orionsector.com/viewtopic.php?t=362

I remember during the development of Stellar Frontier the developers on it had made it as realistic as possible.

Your ships could travel .9 the speed of light which they thought was pretty generous. The game takes place inside of a star system and it’s massively multiplayer.

So a team might start out by Neptune, another at Jupiter and another at Earth.

The problem with such realism is that it many minutes, if not hours at times, to get from one planet to another because at .9 the speed of light, that’s how far things were.

When we changed this by introducing “hyperdrive” into the game, many beta testers were outraged that we were “Caving in” to “mass market” pressures.

There is a real constiuency that value realism over “fun” in strategy or even action games.

I’m looking forward to MOO3. I still have hope that I’ll like it. But my spider sense tingles whenever someone says that something is good because it’s realistic. At that point you start to question how you can have silicoid based life forms or how the faster than light travel works. It’s a can of worms best left unopened IMO.

Reporter Interviewing some Star Trek Writer:

Reporter: “How do the transporters work?”
Star Trek Writer: “Very well, thank you.”

Oh, no, that’s not accurate - they don’t work, at least when there is ionic interference. Unless you boost the confinement beam.

I have subscribed this newsgroup for a month. I thought you people are discussing all kind of strategy games. Since i am also crazy about turn-based all real-time strategy games, I had great expectation on this group. But you all f_cking people have only big mouse. Many people follow the someone’s notes (totally not related to strategy games), and those f_cking messages gave me f_cking headache. I know you all have freedom to speak or write, but you people are doing too much. Since old man says "NOBody scares shit to avoid, but they avoid because its f_cking dirty. I will stop subscribing this fucking newsgroup. If you have any other words, fuck you.

Cool.

I still laugh out loud when I see this.