MOO III at GDR: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Heh, you and me both. I note that you said “see” rather than “read,” hopefully alluding to the unreadable quality of this so-called post. :)

Also, why does Mr. Reilly use “f_cking” in much of his post, yet seems to get lazy and just say the full word twice at the end? Anyone…anyone?

Heh, you and me both. I note that you said “see” rather than “read,” hopefully alluding to the unreadable quality of this so-called post. :)[/quote]

Absolutely. I still laugh at it, but I have no clue what it means. The proverb of, “NOBody scares shit to avoid, but they avoid because its f_cking dirty” might be the best wirtten line of all time.

Of course, letting the player have ships moving at .9c is itself really problematic (especially in an MMO) if you value your planets.

–Dave

I agree, the linguistic brilliance of this line is unparalleled.

What about “time debt”? If your ships are at .9c is your frame of reference with the ships or outside of that? Anybody got a copy of relativity for dummies handy?

You are all fucking big mouse!

I have subscribed this board for a month. I thought you people are
discussing all kind of SP war games. Since i am also crazy about
4X games, I had great expectation on this group. But you all
f_cking people have only big mouse. Many people follow the someone’s
notes (totally not related to 4X game), and those f_cking
messages gave me f_cking headache. I know you all have freedom to
speak or write, but you people are doing too much!

Since old man says "NOBody scares shit to avoid, but they avoid
because its f_cking dirty. I will stop subscribing this fucking
board. If you have any other words, fuck you.

Interesting. Everyone’s hopes for a good review at GD seem to have switched to opinions like “wow, they really went down since British Telecom bought them”.

What about “time debt”? If your ships are at .9c is your frame of reference with the ships or outside of that? Anybody got a copy of relativity for dummies handy?[/quote]

And then, if you’re going around a black hole with the brother of the astronaut that left a long time ago while turning on the headlights of his camaro, exactly what happens when the Mad Scientist sends his one-eyed robot with spinning blades o’ death at you?

Dad, I told you not to use my computer anymore.

After reading through the first page of posts here, I was just counting the seconds until Sokwoo got mentioned :) You guys didn’t disappoint! Thank you!

The proverb of, “NOBody scares shit to avoid, but they avoid because its f_cking dirty” might be the best wirtten line of all time.

William, the worst part about that line is that I actually understand what the guy (or gal) is trying to say. Scary, indeed :D

Would you mind clueing those of us not “down with the idiot speak” in, then? ;)

What he’s saying is that people don’t avoid shit because they’re scared of it, they avoid it because it’s dirty. I never saw the original post that Sokwoo was replying to, but my guess is that the poster probably used the phrase “scared of the shit” and Sokwoo took it literally. That’s pure speculation, though. I am reasonably confident about my interpretation of the reply, however.

He started his own thread.

Which is hilarious because Brett reviewed the game and he has been writing for GD since 1997.

On the Sokwoo Lee thing, my impression was that he was angry that people go off-topic (“follow the someone’s notes totally not related to strategy games”) and engage in flame wars. Instead of talking about games. Big mouse = big mouths.

When I was writing Strategic Therapy I got in touch with Sokwoo by email on the one-year anniversary of his post. I had hoped he would say something memorable again, but, like lightning, his inspiration only struck once.

Jonah’s going to go ape-shit once he realizes he wasn’t falsely accusing Brett in the newsgroups after all :lol:

God, this if funny to watch.

Mmmmm…Strategic Therapy. [drools]

Good times.

EDIT: BTW, do you still have your site with those and some of your reviews archived. When I upgraded PCs I lost my link. All this usenet talk has me wanting to revisit them.

Yeah, good ol’ Strategic Therapy… I wish QT3 had the resources to put something similar together. I liked reading that column a lot.

I think Bruce realized usenet was not aging well with the advent of forums and specifically game specific ones and he had tired of it.

Oh and he was smarter than the rest of us and needn’t waste anymore of his precious time entertaining us bottom feeders. Yes that is a direct quote in his book: Memoirs of a Geisha.

Quick fact: In the original Star Trek scripts they weren’t transporters, they were showers. In those early episodes they would approach a planet, shower, then leave.

Qt3 Forum Therapy?

Oh the fun someone could have with that…

–Dave