More Star Trek: TNG?

Says something about just how crappy that plotline was. Tied for worst with below, however below could just be forgotten

Nemesis was a self destruct device for the future of that Universe.

I have to admit I’ve yet to see Nemesis. I just keep hearing how terrible it is. I kinda wanna drunkenly hate watch it though.

I had a feeling someone would go with this argument, and I disagree. When you think of the Vulcans, they seem pretty black and white at first, just emotionless people. But we learned pretty quickly that they’re more complicated than that, that their emotion control was a choice, and the reasons for doing so, and then their 7 year mating cycle, there’s a lot more to them. Usually you find out with new races that there’s way more going on under the hood, in a way I don’t see with the ferengi. They’re lazy in a way most others were not.

Oh, you mean Wrath of Khan version 2. You don’t want to watch that.

The Vulcans had the benefit of evolving over ages though… Spock was a major character.

But take a species like, for instance, the Klingons. Throughout basically the entire original series, they were… dark skinned assholes. Like, that was pretty much their thing. They were in a lot of ways just like the Ferengi, only maybe even LESS interesting, since their entire persona was basically, “Generic bad guy”. It wasn’t until the movies that they developed into anything at all.

The Klingons aren’t as well developed, but did get more info into their castes, even if they frequently fall back on just being belligerent warmongers, even today.

Better example is probably the Gorn, who have even less going on than the ferengi - they’re just giant space lizards. But if losing the Gorn means giving up Arena then I don’t want to be right.

OK, you are back at 50% for that comment. All I can say is that you should have played STTRPG:

I hope they don’t make more bad face prosthetics and make the actors emote or read their lines of Klingon gibberish in whatever incarnation comes out next

Sigh…my one issue with TNG and DS9, @BrianRubin. Lobster-headed mead-hall barbarians instead of this. Still bugs me.

Never played it, but I actually have a few modules of the RPG that I used to just read through. Speaking of the Star Trek RPG, I always wished they would do something like The Triangle as a TV series. Having a Mos Eisley kind of thing but in Star Trek would be pretty cool, the characters could be a little like the Firefly crew, always playing the Federation, Romulans and Klingons against each other, staying just barely one step ahead. That would be so cool.

To be fair, that nonsense began with The Motion Picture.

Not the mead hall barbarian part…

Yep, the Triangle + the below made for a kick ass campaign:

Jesus @Navaronegun, this thread is hard to follow because of all the images. Use your words more, please. :-P

Mmmm…no. :)

The Picard in my head would never become an admiral. Remember that in one of the TNG movies Janeway was an admiral but Picard wasn’t?

I don’t know. I think he would retire and go live in a small vineyard in France instead.

Ha, yeah it is kind of true that promotion to admiral makes you crazy. I guess one of the first things Kirk did was steal a starship to go resurrect his dead friend.

That was just the tip of the iceberg (be grateful @Rock8man…). There are three admirals in TNG or DS9 off the top of my head that tried coups or takeovers of the Federation. And I am not even counting “Insurrection”. It’s trope in fact.

So of course, @divedivedive’s boy J.J. had to include it in a rip off of Khan…sorry…“Reimagining”.

Oh now you’re going to tell me Admiral Robocop isn’t awesome? I don’t think you can do that. Also, he had a really big spaceship with, like, a big hole in the saucer section. Made it fly faster, I bet.

Sure it did, Bubby.