Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Oh, not sequestered anymore? You flat out lose it?

Well I am not at war with the kingdom anymore and I am not getting any income from it. I haven’t been back to the city to figure out what’s going on with it now, maybe I should.

While I’m just purchasing my first workshops now, I think raw material supply has something to do with it. After initially purchasing a smithy in a city nowhere near iron deposits and with zero iron in the market, I switched it to wool since there’s a sheep farm attached to the city. I also dumped a bunch of wool into the market. We’ll see if that works out.

I also just bought a brewery in a city that has grain. Hopefully it will profit, and it probably won’t hurt morale to have a ready supply of beer.

You lose everything from the tutorial.

As far as I know once you go to war with them they take your stuff. Since… you’re the enemy.
They don’t give it back.

Let us know how that works out.
My velvet works just earned me a good 16 gold… Which means it will take like 100 years to pay for itself.

The trick with workshops is that they offset your army operating expenses. Get enough of them in your daily wage can be free.

The real money in them comes after owning them for at least several weeks. Eventually their value starts going up and you can sell them for a significant profit. 36k for my velvet works from a 13K investment. Which you can immediately invest in another workshop, etc.

How do you supply workshops? Do you just sell inputs to the open market? Or is that the “stash”?

I couldn’t find a way to supply them directly, I just sold to the market.

It’s been a few days and my brewery is making 54, but my wool workshop is making 0.

You mostly just want to build workshops where the villages owned by the city provide the input.

Strange, because I didn’t lose the other two weapons I had.

Not the greatest. Blocking and swinging is a pain moving the right stick different directions…just have not gotten used to it…I did play a little bi on the PC years ago and that seemed easier to control directions of everything.

It gives you a set of “starting gear”, they were probably part of it.

I thought my faction was doing well until the Northern Empire showed up with an army of 1600 troops.

I have two workshops. One is a linen weave in a town with an attached village the produces flax. The other is an olive press in a town with two attached villages that produce olives. The weave is generating an income of about 45-70 denars per day. The press generates 140-160.

My plan is to find more towns with multiple villages producing the same good, and purchase workshops there. Maybe sell my linen weave if I hit the maximum workshops allowed.

latest patch now gives XP from tournaments, yay!

Nice! À propos, I’m already drooling at the maybe someday version of the Third Age (LotR) mod. Can you imagine?

My brewery is up to 121 after several more days. The wool weaver was still at zero. I noticed that the other shop in the town was also wool. Figuring maybe that had something to do with it, I bought that shop too and changed it to a silversmith. I had been purchasing silver from town that produce it so I dumped a bunch on the market. There’s also a castle bound village nearby that produces silver and I noticed it’s peasants going to the town to sell silver so it should keep supplied. It took little time for the silversmith to turn a profit. After several days finally the weaver is also making money. I’m getting 121 from the brewer and weaver each, and 224 from the smith now.

In other news, the latest patch removed couchable from some weapons. I’m back to an imperial light lance until I can venture out of empire territory and buy weapons from a more cavalry oriented culture.

Playing on regular HD here and loading times aren’t too bad.

1.06 also dropped crossbow damage. Hmmmm I do not like this. My goal was to get crossbow to 60 so I could be a mounted crosssbow guy.