Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Speaking of crossbows, what is the two-part HUD element supposed to indicate? Is there some Gears of War-style “active reload” mechanic going on there?

Its a two part reload, im guessing it allows you to can move between stages so you dont have to start the animation from scratch.

I’m amused when a Lord says they’ve heard of me. I’m probably famous as the guy whose decisions cost the lives of hundreds of his men, who lost five castles to the enemy, was captured over fifteen times, and hit on two sisters at the same time.

I have a litter of children but none have grown up yet. I am not sure how time passes. Will I really have ~18 children before the first born is able to fight?

Someone said you can have up to 3 workshops. Currently I am at 2 and maxed out. It must be bound to some skill, Trading I suspect. My trading skill is 21. I wonder if it will go up at skill 25 or perhaps 30.

Is there a way to tell what city castles are bound to?

I think its workshop limit is determined by clan level.

It bound to clan level if I’m not mistaken.

guess I wasted those skill levels in trading for no good reason then… :(

Castles do not appear to be bound to cities. Villages bound to castles seem to trade with the nearest city. You can be sure by watching where the village’s peasants travel to.

That reminds me, what do the icons mean that appear on villages and cities. I see something that looks like a fork (maybe) and sometimes coins I think.

Parties that are in the settlement. Pitchfork is for pesants (edit: also bandits in hideouts), coin for caravan, coat of arms for warband.

How do I ghost a guy that I failed to deliver to his destination in a family feud? The time on his quest expired but this worthless milquetoast is still following me around. I suppose I could set him up in his own squad and order him to charge into an enemy force alone… hehehe

If you talk to him you can kick him off the clan.

Ah, right, I’d forgotten about that! Just 3 loading screens away. You’d think this could be done from the clan menu somehow.

I just realized you can use the alt key in battles to highlight where you left your troops when you go off to scout and get lost in the woods.

You normally can, except he is not a clan member heh

My fellow QT3 friends, I have a question to ask you. This is a fun game, obviously marred by an extremely limited pool of quests that feel extremely meaningless quite early into the campaign (you can always be doing something better with your time, literally resting in town to recover stamina for smithing is more profitable than killing looters, and you can get a couple workshops up right away so cash flow isn’t an issue).

But if all the economic stuff wasn’t so easy to game that in less than 8 hours investment into a franchise I had never explored, I had over a million gold, what would actually make this game satisfying in the long run? And what is the gameplay loop we can create that would actually be satisfying for people interested in long term play? If that sounds like a very Blizzard question to ask, I know a lot of people that worked there for a long time and these are the questions that they asked when designing games.

Edited to add: when they were a real company and everyone that had made their money hadn’t retired and been replaced by an Activision producer. And I even know why they did that and get it. There isn’t anything inherently evil about EA or Activision. They have a legal obligation to produce financial results for their shareholders immediately. There are thousands of pages of PHD papers about this phenomenon and the pros and cons thereof. What I’m curious about is that this feels like a game with a ton of unrealized potential, and how you’d go about tapping that.

All th economics, and all the trading and such is pretty much unbalanced right now. That aside, the meat of the game IS the combat. Its being part of 500 man battles, and being part of wars with larger armies that roam the countryside and devastates the world. Your easy income can fall by quickly, once the wars get rolling, and ultimately, its up to you to decide what you want to do in the game.

be aware that there are systems that are quite limited right now, but what most people do is set goals like making :

• Ensuring their nation wins the wars
  • Becoming a noble in a nation
  • Becoming a ruler in a nation
  • Becoming a ruler in your own created nation, striking out against all others.
  • unite the world under your own nation

Obviously there are some clan goals as well, but havent really explored those and doubt there is much there yet either.

Now, in Prophecy of Pendor, which is the mod I usually played in Warband, this would take upwards to 60-80 hours for me, so in it self, a respectable goal with an effort to be made.
This game isnt there yet, but that is what I expect will be the endgame.

Ultimately, this is not a game with goals, other than what you set yourself.

Building an empire through military conquest and diplomacy is the campaign game goal. Building up your own warband, getting other nobles on your side, fighting huge battles, dealing with rebellions and betrayls, eventually forging your own kingdom and bringing the world under your banner.

The systems seem to be in place but not very playtested and balanced yet. If smithing is easy cash money that’s unlikely to be intentional. I’d expect the economy to be tweaked at lot during EA.

How many levels are people getting? I think the leveling system is a bit broken. You get a double penalty as you level up.

1st: You level by gaining sill points, and the number of skill points you need to earn is goes up each level.
2nd: The amount of xp needed to raise a skill goes up as the skill levels. IE: My archery needs like 5500 xp to go up 1 level.

I am not happy about it.

Caravans seem to make a good income, but you can’t see how much money they earn by looking at them. I finally found out how to make a decent profit on shops. Most towns it seems are not good for shops. Basically check out the villages around town and see what they produce, Then check the town to see its supply and to make sure that there isn’t already a business that uses that resource. If both conditions are met, then buy a shop of the right type in town.