Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Try 40+.

It’s insane when a bigger one pops up, you can basically never deal with it.

To correct myself, at least it lets you pick your own party size, so you can do some of your own difficulty balancing (don’t tell Tom). You don’t have to make it a steamroll.

While I don’t disagree with the ridiculousness of the seal team six scenario where you can’t pick your troops, when there are a lot of bandits I believe it’s because there are multiple groups in the hideout. You need to wait until they leave and catch groups patrolling to reduce their force.

I really like the fact that the devs are releasing a patch every day for over a week now, it’s very impressive.

I suppose the number of sales they got at launch has made everyone in the team millionaires, so they have the motivation to hunker down again and support the game the best they can over those first couple of weeks after launch.

Last patch notes it said there was a bug that made only sturgian companions spawn, maybe thats the cause, i dont know if it requires a restart of the game tho,

I can confirm that the workshop limit increases past three as your advance your clan level. I’m at clean tier 3 now and purchased a fourth workshop.

This reads a bit weird:

PSA: If you’re fighting against looters over and over and over again for days, you’re playing the game wrong. That might be the game’s fault and not yours, that’s fair criticism, but you don’t need to subject yourself to such grind. I think with my latest character I fought looters all of twice.

I do agree with the point that the levelling mechanics/speed could be improved, it shouldn’t be hard for them to fix that.

I don’t only fight looters, but I don’t pass up an opportunity to either practice on them or milk them for troop experience. Especially once your troop is fast there’s no reason not to chase down the occasional band of looters along the way.

While I enjoyed taking repeated vengeance on forest bandits, my current favorite thing to lance in the face is horse archers. I’ve been in the east fighting armies and steppe bandits and while combats can take a while wheeling around with a troop of cavalry to break up the enemy’s horse archer formation and then picking off stragglers is very satisfying. The Valadian heavy lance I went out of my way to pick up after the last patch reduced the number of couchable lances has proven well worth it.

What should I be doing instead? I haven’t bothered to jump into the game again to figure this out.

You can go straight to becoming a mercenary with a faction and joining up with their armies to participate in serious battles.

Ok thanks. I saw this option once when a main quest noble ventured out of a city.

I should be done with Nioh 2 tomorrow. Perfect time to get serious about this game over a long weekend.

Exactly what @Thrag said. Find two kingdoms that are at war, and if you want an easier time at it pick the bigger kingdom (if there is one) and join up with them as a merc. If the kingdom is at war you won’t need to bribe your way into a castle to talk to a noble as all the nobles will be out and about looking for fights. Then you can figure out where their armies are by clicking on the Kingdom button then going over to the ‘Armies’ tab to join them.

You might need at least a couple of dozen troops to get much out of it. You can do that by fighting a few looters, winning some practice fights and tournaments, and some bandits or quests I guess. But the early game of hitting looters/bandits doesn’t need to take very long at all.

I auto-battle looters that i find on the way since they level up easier your weak troops, they also never kill your troops.

If I hear one more person in a video or on a podcast pronounce “cavalry” as “Calvary” I can’t be held responsible…

It’s in observation of Good Friday, man.

Doh! With the latest patch my game won’t load! I get prompts warning of different version and mods and click okay on both but nothing happens.

Yeah, latest patch does not seem to be compatible with save games from earlier versions unfortunately. On the plus side, according to the Reddit community, you can rollback to the previous patch on Steam via the Betas function currently and keep on playing your existing save game without issue, if you so desire.

So, now that a lot of us are going to be re-rolling characters, now with a little knowledge what are starting options are you all planning to take.

2HD (don’t need skill to couch the lance anyway)
Bow (i tried crossbow + horse, but getting 60 skill to reload from a horse is hard. On the other hand, crossbows are a lot better for offensive sieges. You can aim forever and snipe down heads.)
Riding
Tactics

Maybe smithing/scouting/engineering/surgery (depends on what wanderers show up)