Mouse Pad Recommendations

I’ve got a Razer ExactMat, that I’ve had for about a year and it is already wearing out on the “Speed” side. Naturally that’s the side I like; never could warm up to the control side.

The finish is coming off, and I really don’t think I’ll be dropping $30 more on another one.

Googling’s turned up the Func line of pads, and a handful of others like the Goliathus and Destructor.

Not to be taken in by the gimmicky pads again, I’d like to know what you think.

So, fellow QT3’ers - what would you recommend?

A table.

Or if you really want a pad, then make sure it has a name like a bad Japanese monster movie - preferably with random capitalization.

Yeah, I’d love to be able to use my desk, but it has the “grooves” in it that keep a mouse from sliding smoothly.

You laugh, but these are my favorite mousing surfaces. Optical mice glide gently over their soft, felt-like surface. I own several from the Oriental rug collection.

I’ve had an ExactMat for 2 years now and it shows no signs of wear and tear. What kind of mouse are you using?

You might want to check out this thread too…

Otherwise, I recently bought a Razer Death Adder and am using this mousepad and am pretty happy with it. But to be honest, I’m probably not a very demanding user, so its all relative…

Ive used a fUnc mouse pad for four years now, and its still in great condition.

Another Mouserug vote (which i discovered from a rec. here on Qt3 many years ago). They’re comfortable to rest your palms on as well. My only wish would be that they came in larger sizes, i wouldn’t mind a larger mousing surface than the standard pad size.

Another vote for func. It’s still my favorite mouse pad.

I really want a mouse and mug rug now.

Lachesis and alternately the Logitech G9.

Until like March of this year I used the mousepad that came with Max Payne. In march I won a larger, alienware pad in a counter-strike tournament so I decided to toss my old buddy max. Honestly it annoys me a little bit because the bottom isn’t straight. I like my pad’s lower side to align perfectly with the edge of my desk, but it can’t. Yes I know this post is useless.

Wish I could use my desk surface, but its a glasstop. I am currently using the bogstandard WoW-branded pad that came with my Lich King CE, it gives me troubles now and again.

This thread has given me a few other options though!

I picked up a Steelseries Experience I-2 a couple of months ago. It has an amazing treated glass surface. But it’s not cheap.

Been using Ratpadz for a few years and I’m still happy. The GS (which I have now) is $15.

And another vote for the MouseRug.

http://www.bustymousepads.com/ (NSFW!!!)

Seriously, this is the breast mouse pad ever.

Func 1030 archtype is what I’ve been using for about 2 years now, and it’s fantastic imo. Still in great shape, big but not ridiculously huge and easy to clean.

I use Allsop’s board. It has sticky matting on the bottom that never moves and is a very smooth pad, plus very sturdy. I love it.

This looks slightly different from mine, but seems to be basically the same product. Pretty sure someone recommended this to me in a mousepad thread a year or more ago.

Another big fan of the Ratpadz. I have the XT model, which was worth every bit of what I paid for it.