Mr Robot on USA

Here’s a good timeline of events to get caught up on. Glad to see this show is finally back, felt like forever. Also my least favorite character got a bullet to the head right off the bat so there’s that! I hope they don’t spend too much time with Vera, that drug dealer guy that reappeared at the end of S3. He’s such small potatoes compared to Whiterose I don’t want them wasting much time with him.

I expect he’ll be useful to Elliot in some fashion. He’s a criminal contact with some resources that WhiteRose / Price knows nothing about.

Nice shout-out to Koyaanisqatsi and its awesome Philip Glass score in last night’s episode intro.

Also, it still amazes me how awesome the casting of Carly Chaikin is as Elliott’s sister Darlene.

I got caught up last night.

Wow. Spoilers ahead…

As others have noted, there is nothing like this on television. Rami Ismail is just completely captivating. I was kinda sorry there wasn’t more Jake Busey in the show’s future. I thought he was great in that role! Mr. Robot becoming the narrator has been tremendously entertaining for me. When he told us to fuck off, I lost it. lol!

The revelation that there may be more personalities in there was pretty damn cool. I honestly did not see that coming, but it seems obvious in retrospect.

Speculation:

I’m going with the theory that the Elliot we know is actually the third personality. The one we haven’t met yet is the “real” Elliot. This one is angry and possibly violent; the one that got him sent to the therapist originally back in S1.

There’s evidence for that with the drug fever dream episode where dream Angela tells him he was only born a month ago.

Yes that’s one of the clues. Also his therapist asked if he had any more violent outbursts, and Elliott had no clue what she was talking about. Also with the therapist, she’d ask him a question and he’d rant about the evil of the world in an angry fashion, and then camera skip, it’s in his head! When he’d then answer noncommittal like.

Re: the climax of the opener of tonight’s episode: it always makes me laugh how unwilling TV shows are to show how much blood comes out of a person when a major artery is cut. I mean come on, there would be a total mess by the time the future Whiterose gets to his boyfriend.

I think it’s a thing like showing actual orbital mechanics in a SF movie: it looks unrealistic to an average viewer.

Honestly, I think it’s not so much that as not wanting to gross viewers out. Everyone who’s cut their finger knows how much that can bleed. Throw a carotid artery into the mix and hoo boy… But some sensitive viewers will immediately have to run to the porcelain throne or reach for the nearest wastebasket.

That was a total filler episode and I mostly dug it. Although I thought the Dom storyline was mostly meh I really enjoyed the boy’s trek through the pines and Darlene’s moment of catharsis with drunk Santie.

But what did the bleeding-out Tyler Wellick see at the end? Or was it just the white light tunnel etc.?

Personally I think he’s dead but what the hell do I know?

Marcellus Wallace’s soul

It’s pretty much confirmed in this interview

OK, I can handle Elliot haxxoring everything all the time almost instantly and almost effortlessly because it’s a haxxor series and tropes, etc.

But a nerd running for miles … followed by two NYC cops? My suspension of disbelief can only take so much, Sam Esmail.

I was so engrossed with the episode I never thought why. Beautiful silent episode, captivating show.

Yup, he’d have to be in Olympic athlete level shape to be able to keep running like that.

The other thing that made me laugh was both Elliot and Darlene being able to type at a computer keyboard with gloves on . Maaaaybe if they were deerskin or something, with no lining.

Overall, I did love the episode, though.

I think they were disposable gloves like you might use for furniture staining. Plenty easy to type in those.

Great episode. I was thinking of Die Hard before they showed it. I guess that was a nod to Speed as well with the cans in the stroller.