MST3K Thread

It’s $130 for the episodes and shorts.

I’m pretty sure season 13 can be watched for free (with ads) on Tubi.

I did try that! It’s like a live feed on my TV, I’m always joining in the middle of pictures, which I hate to do anymore.

Thanks! That’s ridiculously expensive!

It makes the hypothetical Season 14 DVD/Blu Ray pledge level at $65 look like an absolute bargain!

Possibly on the Gizmoplex as well, if you only want to stream?

https://www.gizmoplex.com/mst3k/season:13

It’s in the Watch Free section for me, but then I have a season pass.

What does a Gizmoplex subscription get you?

There isn’t one.

Sorry, I was unclear. If I pledge $75 for the new season’s Blu Ray set, I only get the physical media. But if I pledge $85, I get the digital version of the season, plus 12 months of Gizmoplex subscription, so I was wondering what that part was.

I believe it’s access to stream all of the prior seasons (minus a few episodes unavailable presumably for rights reasons) and shorts.

Ah, I see, for a new pledge. Yes, that’s probably it. It’s complicated by the fact that they made the old episodes free for everyone this season, but that presumably is going away next year.

Does your Gizmplex login work or does it need a new sign-up?

Looks like a new sign-up (although it asks for your Gizmoplex account name when you back, so it must be making a link between them). And I backed the project and THEN signed up for the new site, and it doesn’t seem to have associated my contribution with my login, so I suggest signing up first if you’re planning on backing.

Yeesh, 30% with 18 days to go?

I figured they’d be able to go back to the same well and keep shearing the same sheep forever. Unless there’s some last-minute tidal wave, appears not so much.

I really hope that’s the case.

They kinda lost me with the Gizmoplex stuff, it seems really confusing to use.

It is a little bit, until you get used to it. But it also has a ton of old episodes to watch. I went through four full past seasons with my son over the last year!

They’re saying that the SAG-AFTRA strike is preventing promotion of the crowdfund campaign. But I would think they could work out a deal to get the actors’ support. Maybe that takes a lot of effort and lawyers, though?

Shit got real:

Hmmmm, still less then $2 million for the crowdfunding of Season 14. Even if they make it, I guess the best we can hope for is 6 episodes for Season 14. I guess I should pledge soon too.

I’m hoping for a last-minute surge.

Maynard James Keenan was pushing hard on social media for the campaign today. Maybe Tool fans will come to the rescue… (He said with naive hope)

Really want to see the Plan 9 ep. It was my intro into terribad movies.