Mythgard is the Advanced Squad Leader of collectible card games

It starts with “No” and ends with “body was playing it.”

I respect this desperate hail Mary attempt at staying in business, but considering how people around here get steamed at the thought of buying a game at $5 that was once on sale for $4, I don’t see why anyone who missed this giveaway would start playing Mythgard after this giveaway is over.

But for now, weeeeeeeeee!

I hope you are wrong @justaguy2 but I suspect you aren’t. This is probably a desperation play. While I think they came up with a sweet CCG and I love the mechanics, they did a pretty poor job of turning it into a game. But then I think F2P and chasing the whales is a model that needs to die.

If they produced a great single player game wrapped around their CCG and charged $49.99 I’d happily pay it. I’m not particularly interested in PVP with randos and the PVE modes are fun but get stale kind of quick. I actually feel bad that I’ve never given them any money because I do have ~80 hours invested in this game according to steam. But since I have zero interest in PVP and it looks like they aren’t going to produce further chapters of campaign content, which I loved, I’m guessing I’ll dink around with it for awhile and play with the full-core-set unlock and then drop it again.

@Tortilla, I share your overall view. Like you, I have more than 80 hours in the game (83 hours in my case). LIke you, I enjoy the PvE side of the game, and like you, I loved the first story chapter! I actually feel like I know something about the factions, especially the bikers. And like you, I’d rather pay for a good PvE game than put up with F2P shenanigans. I wish more card-games would follow the lead of “Thronebreaker” and the recent LOTR card game – pay-to-play games that I bought.

Anyway, I hope Mythgard finds a way forward, because the core gameplay is great, in my opinion.

The code to unlock all Orange (Parsa) cards is out: GodisaGeek

Thanks @Tortilla

Looks like we might have to wait a bit for the rest of the codes:

LOL. Imagine believing that “press publication schedules” impacted literally anything at all in the post-print world.

Spreading out the codes, preferably to eternity, is a wise move for obvious reasons, but it’s weird that they’re blaming an imaginary thing.

As someone who (tangentially) deals with this stuff in his job, PR professionals do worry a lot and put a lot of effort into timing of release of announcements/press releases/articles/etc. I think they were being completely honest, not playing a blame game, but they used PR-jargon instead of plain english to explain what was going on.

Of course, timing is important in marketing! That’s not what they said, though. They blamed “Press publication schedules,” which isn’t jargon. We all know what each word means. And press publication schedules aren’t really a limiting factor in getting the word out about anything gaming-related in 2021.

Not a huge deal, I just think it’s funny (and a little sad).

New code (finally): PocketGamerAztlan

Thanks, almost forgot to redeem it.

I discovered all sorts of awesome quality-of-life features for this game. You can view, import, and save other players’ decks by going to Play, choosing the History tab, and right-clicking a player or game to see more info. You can watch a game (with replay and rewind controls), look at the deck list (using the deck-tracker feature that I should use more often), export the deck, and later create a new deck of your own and import and save that deck, even if you lack all the cards.

In addition, there’s a player-sponsored tournament feature. I’m not sure I’m ready to play or host such a thing, especially as it costs 5000 coins to create one. But I’d consider making a Qt3 tourney if there was a lot of interest.

More details on all these features here:

I’m almost tempted to try to get Silver rank to enter the upcoming Open qualifier. But I can see a lack a lot of cards compared to players in that rank, much less the Champion rank.

We’re in Q2 now, and the gaming press is gearing up for their second update of 2021 – their only update until next July. I’m excited that press publication schedules will facilitate the publication of at least one more code!