Neil Gaiman's American Gods on STARZ

It did not.

I thought Season 2 was OK but a shadow of the first. Orlando Jones was one of my favorite things about the show, so I’m likely out. Ugh.

Longer interview with Jones.

Holy shit.

“So I just repeated what they had said. All I can say is what I was told. And all what I was told was, ‘angry gets s— done’ is the wrong message for black America, and that the new showrunner [Chic Eglee] writes from a black male perspective.”

Jones said that he took on writing duties in Season 2, and was asked by Neil Gaiman to write a character bible for Mr. Nancy. Jones wound up as a consulting producer in Season 2, writing for other characters as well, particularly characters of color, including Bilquis (Yetide Badaki), Salim (Omid Abtahi), Jinn (Mousa Kraish) and Sam Black Crow (Devery Jacobs).

“When I showed up to work in Season 2, they hadn’t written at all for Mr. Nancy,” he said. “I ended up finding myself in the writing chair for all of the disenfranchised characters.”

“He told everybody that he wrote from the black male perspective, told everybody that he thought [Nancy] was bad for black America,” Jones said.

The showrunner looks like a great guy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FellowKids/

The actor playing the djinn is out too.

Wow. From a stellar first season to a dumpster fire, to dumpster on fire (and exploding).

“In his house at Starz, dead American Gods wait dreaming.”

Straws are being grasped for future seasons somewhere else.

American Gods felt more like a series of visually interesting vignettes and short stories, rather than a narrative with some strong overarching structure. I still can’t say much of what’s happened in american gods over the 2.5 seasons that I’ve watched, other than “it was really pretty”. I’m looking at you Gillian Anderson - Media was amazing.